Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hushabyepie
Getting Excited

I've got May 2022 book - this is a trip thats been rolling since everything started, if I need to push it out again I will but likewise if we do get any movement before then I can also bring it forward as everything is totally amendable fee free.

I do also have a trip booked for next Nov took advantage of the disney dining/gift card offer again minimal deposit and fully amendable if needs be.
hushabyepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

I’ve booked for August 2022, but can change the date on every part of the trip without penalty so if things aren’t looking great (even if borders are open) we will push it forward to 2023.
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KitKatie
I want to go now!

I've got Sept/Oct next year booked, took advantage of the dining credit/gift card offer, obviously not as good value as in the past but thought it was better than nothing. Currently just paid the deposit with Disney.
Trying to remain optimistic that it will go ahead. Will be interesting to see flight prices when they become available in the next couple of months, fingers crossed they're within budget.

Trying to remain cautiously optimistic for that timing, but only time will tell I guess.
KitKatie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I want to go in May 2022 being as the chances of travel before Christmas are probably non existent.

But, you'd be stupid to book any new travel until the inept Biden administration finally give an indication of what their strategy is. I probably will hold off until a few months before
I wouldn't put new money into it , to have the issues with dealing with changes/refunds further down the line. Plus also some travel agents/airlines may fall into further financial difficulties so the last thing you want, no matter how small the chances are, is to have some Thomas Cook style fiasco.
I only have £50 sitting with Disney that I know will be refunded if there's still issues as WDTC have always treated their customers very well, Covid cancellations being no exception. If travel is permitted but I choose not to go for other reasons, that's an acceptable amount to lose.

Would I risk sinking a lot of money into non-refundable bookings or smaller operators right now? Definitely not on the first, probably not on the second. But there are a lot of relatively safe options out there, and ways to reduce the financial risk to you (e.g. one person bookings, throwaway rooms attached to flights, etc) even further.

Edited at 02:45 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s a myth that prices will go up as we have seen and benefited from much lower flight prices to those countries that have let us in during the last 12 months. Travel is going to remain well down until at least 2025 especially the lucrative business market.

I would speculate that once the borders are open, additional flights will be added to the bucket and spade routes to make up for the lack of demand to other US airports ( NYC for example)
It’s not a myth. I booked early this morning and prices have already risen by £480 in 6 hours. Prices for Florida, which is generally where we are talking about on here, are way more expensive than they were pre pandemic. You can say they can add flights but airlines can’t just add flights at will.

Edited at 01:36 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

I've got May 2022 and October 2022 booked. And if/when November this year gets cancelled we're going to push it to February 2022 (not doing Disney though).

I don't think it's stupid to be booking trips for next year. The borders will open eventually and IMO there's not a great deal of risk in booking something with deposit only or free cancellation.
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
It’s not a myth. I booked early this morning and prices have already risen by £480 in 6 hours. Prices for Florida, which is generally where we are talking about on here, are way more expensive than they were pre pandemic.
Pent up demand in peak season to the most popular leisure destination. Not seeing any huge price increases in off season. I'm glad you managed to secure your flights at a decent price though, I know you've been tracking them for awhile now.

I agree with Moorlandman on this one. Business travel is going to take a LONG time to recover, and this was a huge revenue stream for most operators. I can only speak for the company I work for, but it's very large and does not intend to reinstate its previously very generous travel policy. 18 months of remote meetings with no significant dip in revenue (actually revenue has increased if you exclude our clients in directly impacted industries) has proven to them that they don't need to fly everyone around the different offices for project kickoffs, pitch meetings, etc.

Edited at 01:46 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
It’s not a myth. I booked early this morning and prices have already risen by £480 in 6 hours. Prices for Florida, which is generally where we are talking about on here, are way more expensive than they were pre pandemic. You can say they can add flights but airlines can’t just add flights at will.
Borders haven’t opened up yet.

Virgin add and remove flights on the Manchester route depending on demand. We also have Aer Lingus adding capacity too
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

But, you'd be stupid to book any new travel until the inept Biden administration finally give an indication of what their strategy is. I probably will hold off until a few months before
I wouldn't say it's stupid at all. We only booked a few months ago and booked the flights because they were a really good price for business and paid a tiny deposit for Disney. If our trip doesn't go ahead we will just change the flights to Canada instead because we're going there next year anyway.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We have March booked paid in full, which has been moved twice , if that one doesn’t go ahead going to go for a full refund this time and just bank the money this time, and put it towards a different holiday maybe revisit Australia again when we can or a revisit to somewhere else in America we’ve been .

Have may also booked for dlc and Arizona, all booked on refundable deposits , so no issue there again this was a holiday that has been moved three times.

September wdw rebooked , deposit only booked , if that doesn’t happen , then the tourist industry maybe doomed by then I’m guessing .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List