Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Sep 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Is Disney transport okay to and from Coronado Springs?

hi all

I read somewhere that Coronado Springs is a bit far out - doesn't look too bad on the map. So is the Disney transport (buses) ok or does it take ages?

We start our holiday here for three nights and are debating whether to get our hire car straight away, or wait until we finish here and go to a villa on day 4 (saving paying overnight parking). But don't want to if buses are a pain.

We fly into Tampa and will Uber to orlando to pick up a car anyway (cheaper) so just a case of getting it on day 1 or day 4 it doesn't change how we get to the hotel from the airport.

thanks all

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I found the buses to and from there were fab. They were frequent and whilst sometimes quite full, I think we always got seats except after fireworks! We would def go back to Coronado ... no hesitation!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

I found they do take a while, yes.
Shinealight is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s not as far out as it seems, it’s actually very central. I didn’t think the buses took that long but we had a car for most of our trip.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There 4 bus stops at Coronado Springs so it might be a bit longer if you at the 4 stop same going to the parks and it early the bus might be full when you board.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed there in 2018 and thought the bus service was excellent

Apart from Magic Kingdom most of the parks are not that far away at all

Great resort
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

No problems with the buses here either. People overstate the distance for all of the AK area resorts. Really, it's only a couple of extra minutes. The only one I found a little annoying was Disney Springs, but getting there and back just seems to take longer than it should from anywhere on property.

In terms of crowding, only had one close to full and that was heading to AK very close to park opening on an EMH day. I did tend to avoid park closing though, just because I don't like the crowds. Every resort will have crowded buses at closing, due to the volume of people leaving the parks at that time. If you're concerned and staying in a standard (non-tower) room, put in a location request for the Casitas section. Buildings 4 and 5 are the standards (rest are preferred) but actually the closest to the first bus stop on the loop.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks everyone for the useful information - we've decided to be carless for the 3 nts we are there. Save a bit of money and not worry about driving until we are nice and rested on day 4.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
alansmed
Proud to wear my Ears

Its not so much the distance from the parks that is the issue for us. Its the stops within the resort. Sometimes can take 15 minutes (sometimes longer if there are the scooters to load and unload at different stops) just to get out of the hotel. Sometimes buses come that are already full depending on what stop and what time of day.
As others have said, didn't bother them but it certainly did for us. Wouldn't go there, similarly at PORiverside the 4 bus stops are a real deal breaker for us now.
Beautiful resort but the buses are a no from us.
alansmed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

All the moderate resorts have multiple stops. The plus side is you don’t get long queues. The minus is that it can take longer to get out, and at certain stops the bus might be full before it gets to you.

I can’t say it bothered us but just something to consider.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List