Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Anything to be gained by booking all flights together ?

I need to book flights EDI to LHR return with an overnight hotel at LHR. I also need to book flights LHR to MCO return too with accommodation.
Just wondering if there is anything to be gained in booking them all together ?
The reason I ask is that when on BA.com I cannot see flights from LHR that allow for the overnight stay, any flights showing as Day plus 1 are LGW flights if you see what I mean so just wondering if I should just book them separately ? I know I could maybe call them but as I want to book at time of release i.e. 1am they aren't going to be open ...what do you think ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Getting Excited

Not certain I have understood your travel plans properly, but as I believe if you are booking connecting flights and the first is delayed preventing you catching the second, if you booked as a package with the same airline they are responsible for providing you with the next available flight. But if you book separately and miss the second flight for any reason they do not have to help you with this and you may have to pay for an alternative flight.
If you are breaking your journey with over night stays then it might not be any benefit, and you'd be unlucky to be that delayed!
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sorry for not making myself clear.
As we are travelling with young kids this time we decided we would rather fly down to LHR the afternoon before, stay overnight at LHR then catch a flight out to MCO the following day - so return flights plus LHR overnight stay then LHR to MCO flights with Orlando accommodation attached.

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Try the costom made trip option. You can get it exactly as you want online. X
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

You want to search EDI-MCO with a stopover added. That way it's all on one ticket and you have full connection protection. You can do this plus the accommodation on the BA Holidays site. I do this all the time as my husband loves those little pods at Heathrow so we also come in the afternoon before and stay at the Thistle so he can ride the pods. Lol.

Edit - I'm back because I see what you mean. I did a random date next summer and it's not showing me any LHR-MCO flights either. It's showing LHR-MIA-MCO and LGW-MCO.

Edited at 09:28 PM.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
Sorry for not making myself clear.
As we are travelling with young kids this time we decided we would rather fly down to LHR the afternoon before, stay overnight at LHR then catch a flight out to MCO the following day - so return flights plus LHR overnight stay then LHR to MCO flights with Orlando accommodation attached.
As post above states, click on custom made trip.

We are the same we donít want to travel same day rather take it easy hopefully less stress travelling with 16 and 7 year old first time in Heathrow lol

We booked BA custom trip

Aberdeen to Heathrow 25th June
Night at Sofitel 25-26th June
Heathrow to Orlando 26th-10th July (arrive back 9.30am 11th)
Early check in Sofitel and overnight stay
Heathrow to Aberdeen 12th July

We booked Disney accommodation via disney direct.

We booked Sofitel on 11th July with my tesco clubcard points.

Worked out all flights and first night at Sofitel £750 p/p to book separate flights was really expensive even for same flights 🤷 Also only has to pay £150 deposit and currently just paying it up monthly.

Xxx
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List