Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Just as a side note though - if you're not wanting to go to FL to avoid masks & tests, it's up for debate whether you'd be any better off in France. They're waay stricter with measures/testing/vaccine passport/mask wearing than FL has ever been, and I wouldn't count on this all being away by next summer. Just so you can bear that in mind!
I am not going to Florida because they won’t let me in, not because of masks.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am not going to Florida because they won’t let me in, not because of masks.
Oh same here Claudette, I'm with you, but the OP specifically mentioned not wanting to go to FL if there were masks or tests, in which case DLP isn't a much better option!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'd probably been to WDW 12-15 times before I took my first trip to DLP.

In my mind it was going to be inferior and I expected to be disappointed.

It was anything but and, in some regards, it was better. Where the parks shared the same attraction often the DLP version was better, primarily because it was newer.

My only gripes were:

- Smoking. Our European friends seem to like to smoke a lot. Everywhere. I got a bit fed up of smoke in (outside) queues for attractions. Maybe this doesn't happen any more - we've not been for a few years.

- Character meets. There was no orderly queue and waiting for your turn, it was a mad scramble where, if you didn't get pushy and use your elbows, you'd not get in and get the photo you wanted.

- Expensive food and drink. Some of the prices seemed outrageous and I'm far from a cheapskate.

We made a couple of subsequent visits, and I'd not hesitate to go again.
I agree with all these points.

We enjoyed it but you can’t compare to WDW. It felt more like a great theme park than a Disney Magical experience.

We were politely waiting to meet Goofy while everyone jumped in. In the end Goofy sent back another family and called us over as even he’d seem we’d been patiently waiting 😂

we only went once but saying that we are debating a weekend there for a Disney fix.
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
If you go expecting it to be DisneyWorld then I’m afraid yes you will be disappointed. If you go to Disneyland Paris knowing it is a completely different park and don’t compare them then you will love it. The castle in Paris is far more beautiful than the one in Orlando. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is better, Ratatouille is great and one of my favourite rides, you can walk to the park from all the hotels, the park is more compact, it’s nearer, but it’s definitely not WDW and doesn’t really try to be.

Go with an open mind and you will have a fabulous time.
Completely agree.
I see it as a completely different resort and love it. Have done DLP lots of times as well as Wdw and love them both for what they are.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List