Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

I totally disagree with perception comments. For example what will the perception be if the USA allowed people from Mexico, Argentina, Russia and all African countries to travel to the USA and then banned the UK and Europeans from entry into the USA. What perception does that give to an American. Oh wait that’s what is happening. They stopped the parents of an 18 year old girl from watching her make history at the US Open because they are living in the UK. Had she been Russian there would not have been an issue. There is literally no science behind what Biden is doing. I have been lucky enough to visit the USA last month as I spent 15days in the Bahamas. Every single American we spoke to either did not know about the restrictions on UK residents or were embarrassed by the current restrictions. As to when I think it will open. It will happen when you least expect it, I think it is close, very close. Wake up sleepy joe
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

Re my comment about which countries are allowed to enter the USA. These countries have very low vaccinated population and the reporting on COVID cases and new variants are also very low to non existent. To me my perception is it’s a joke
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Cases seems to be slowing down a bit in the US, and the last three days have dropped a bit in the UK as well. My hope is it will be for November, but who really knows. It makes no sense that Americans can go anywhere and bring it back, yet the UK have the same variants as the US with a largely vaccinated population. The only thing is the US doesn't need tourists from the UK/Europe.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Spring 2022 at the earliest.

There's no way Joe is going to open the borders whilst both countries numbers are rising.

In a few weeks the colder weather will start to hit so numbers will begin to rise even steeper, that will last until March at least, soo, next spring
USA numbers are forecast to drop from the end of October.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
USA numbers are forecast to drop from the end of October.
The numbers will drop during winter?

Not a chance IMHO.

If you think that, I have a bridge to sell you

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I'm aware of that. However the average American (who has no idea the proclamations even exist) will just see media reports of "borders now open" and Biden's approval rating will go down.

It stopped being about preventing virus spread a long time ago. But I don't want to get into politics too much or this thread will end up in the political forum like it did last time the question came up.
If he only allowed double vaccinated people in (which would surely be the sensible thing to do), then he could frame it like that. Americans hearing "we're only allowing vaccinated people in" surely sounds stronger than hearing nothing, and has the side effect of echoing his own efforts to get people vaccinated.
Briggykins is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

My hunch based on absolutely no science or inside info at all is by the end of this year.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

22 October, because my flight is the 21st october
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fastpassfamily View Post
I totally disagree with perception comments. For example what will the perception be if the USA allowed people from Mexico, Argentina, Russia and all African countries to travel to the USA and then banned the UK and Europeans from entry into the USA. What perception does that give to an American. Oh wait that’s what is happening. They stopped the parents of an 18 year old girl from watching her make history at the US Open because they are living in the UK. Had she been Russian there would not have been an issue. There is literally no science behind what Biden is doing. I have been lucky enough to visit the USA last month as I spent 15days in the Bahamas. Every single American we spoke to either did not know about the restrictions on UK residents or were embarrassed by the current restrictions. As to when I think it will open. It will happen when you least expect it, I think it is close, very close. Wake up sleepy joe
It really isn’t about what Americans know now or are embarrassed about now. I AM an American and few people I know care at all one way or the other or are happily oblivious. But we aren’t in charge. Joe Biden is.

I disagree that we’re close, very close. But I guess you’re another who’s optimism I admire even though I don’t agree.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

I think by the end of the year too. I think it will be done quite quietly if I’m honest. Until dibbers get hold of it that is 😂
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List