Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Sep 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

Tell me about purple parking...

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place)

We've never used purple parking only official airport parking.

Hubby does like to keep his car keys!

Do purple parking move the cars off site? Please tell me more 😊
DisneyDreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can only speak for the Bath Road site.
It is a multi storey carpark and barrier controlled. On arrival, you hand over your keys and they move your car into the car park.

On return, your car is parked up in a collection bay and you are handed your keys after alighting from the shuttle bus.

I always photograph my mileage on arrival and the largest discrepancy that I have had is a mile… a Rickover no doubt between parking within the multi storey and the placement in the collection bay.

Like most such places, it is very efficient in operation and I have never had reason to distrust them.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We use Purple Parking at Gatwick, we take the car into the multi story car park, hand over the keys, walk through to the terminal, on return we call them after we have collected our luggage and they bring the car back to us, we also take a photo of the mileage but have never had any issues. I book Purple Parking via Holiday Extra, my advice is to go onto Holiday Extra website and check out the dates you want but don't book it, they will then send you a 10% discount.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I use Purple parking every time I fly. Bath Road is where I park and have never had any issues with parking. We stay right next door at the Premier Inn and for ski trips, they will let you leave your gear in the car overnight on lower level and take you to your car next day to retrieve your ski gear. Really great.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've used purple parking a few times and never had any problems. I have noticed now that they won't allow pick ups, transporters or vans.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It says they can move them to offsite overflow car parks. Review generally seem to be good. Personally I'd rather park myself and keep keys.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your info!

I would love to try purple at Heathrow due to convenience but I'm sure hubby will want to keep his keys.
DisneyDreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Have used them at Gatwick plenty of times. Happy that i don't need to find my keys after a long flight, just the card they give you, which usually i give straight to the wife, and she looks after it.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rikki
Helping Mickey

Have booked purple parking on bath road for our May 22 trip. Though I am now concerend after receiving a letter yesterday from transport for london that they are expanding the Ultra Low Emission Zone and we are now uncertain as to how it will affect our non complient vehicle parking there.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
Rikki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Weve used purple parking a lot, at Gatwick and at Heathrow, always happy with them, no evidence (DH always notes his milage) of car being moved off site
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List