Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I just sat on my bed to put my socks on and found the biggest spider Iíve ever seen on my pillow.
I am totally freaked out. It ran behind the bed so my lovely DS has spent the last 20 minutes pulling out my very heavy bed to find it (all while DD sat with her cup of coffee downstairs as she Ďdoesnít do spidersí apparently).
I will be sleeping with my windows firmly closed from now on.😢
Aww bless it, it only wanted a cuddle 😂
maidmarian is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post

Well thats tonights nightmare sorted, thanks MM!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Uniq VIP Dibber

Its ďget your slippers outĒ weather - not to wear but to bonk them on the head with . Hate the ruddy creatures - either get sucked up by the hoover or slippered PDQ

Megaflyer

Trips to California and Dubai booked and maybe a cheeky weekend in New York to come
megaflyer is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
VIP Dibber

I agree, the sheer size of them this year *shudders.
We had a massive one appear next to my pillow, thankfully before I'd settled into bed for the next.
And one decided to pop out in the shower whilst I was washing my hair, which made for an interesting experience as I was mid-shampoo!
We have now sprayed every conceivable entrance point with peppermint spray so hoping that'll scare them off for a bit!
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

After spending years in Australia, English spiders don't bother me in the slightest. Can always tell when one is in the house though as the cat will be following it around. Not trying to catch it mind you, just watching.
loldis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pooh's gal View Post
I was about to go to the toilet the other night and saw something moving on the floor and it was HUGE but being brave I put a jar over it and threw it out.Iíve now bought a pack of lemons to wipe around my skirting boards as sspiders hate the smell of citrus.
Trouble is, to avoid the citrus they take refuge in your bed!
Perthite is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
The giant house spiders you see at this time of year are usually males looking for a bit more than a cuddle, Iím afraidÖ.
Perthite is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Huge spider wearing boots stomped across my bathroom floor yesterday. DH alerted to it by my screaming ,he caught it in a plastic tub & headed out to release it into the garden.
" This thing will probably beat me back into the house" he said while exiting the house.
My cat is hopeless at catching bugs but to be honest it might have viewed her as a snack.
storm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I blame Covid. Hope it was wearing a mask

Old 15 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Heads up for anyone not aware but Aldi have bottles of spider repellent in their special buys. Donít know if itís any good but saw it last night.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List