Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
There have been soooo many here. We have only been in the new house 12 weeks but I’ve been finding whoppers. My dog is useless and my husband just doesn’t mind them so it’s been down to me to try to shoo them out
Old 15 Sep 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From the middle of August my dyson is permanently plugged in and ready for action.
Sorry to say but spiders aren't moving indoors - those massive ones are rudely called 'house spiders' for a reason. They're already inside, just out looking for a good time.
Shame it ends in the hoover.
Dettol on the floor and skirting boards seems to have helped a little the past few years. Keep counting till Halloween - it'll all be over soon. Quarter of a way through spider season. We've got this.

p.s.can anyone explain the logic of those that manufacture spider repellents? Why on Earth are you sticking pictures of them on the bottles?
This arachnophobe isn't having any of that.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve had some biggies recently. Even our dogs are like ‘WTF - hope they’re paying board’.
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Came downstairs to a monster yesterday morning, biggest spider we’ve had to date and I am not brave! Luckily it wasn’t between me and the door.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

A few mornings ago after the routine morning toilet stop first thing. I stood still listening to an odd sound like the pipes kind of fluttering...thought nothing more of it and left.

Mrs Wolf enters a short time later to find a monster spider floating in the toilet bowl... that must have been the noise I heard.

I can only imagine he was under the toilet seat and fell after the lid went down. Check your toilet seats as well as pillows! So glad my first trip that morning was not a seating event
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
The giant house spiders you see at this time of year are usually males looking for a bit more than a cuddle, I’m afraid….
It's the females that are the biggest

Not had any yet - it's only a matter of time. We get some absolute whoppers and also we need a new back door as it's falling to bits so there are massive gaps and that leads into a utility area. I won't go out there this time of year purely for this reason. Nothing can be as bad as the one we had in the bedroom a few years back - it wasn't a house spider, I don't know what the flip it was but it was enormous and had really thick legs. I think it might have come in with some fruit from the supermarket

I've actually just gone around the house and shoved pieces of kitchen roll with my cake skewer into gaps like around the bath panel, skirting etc.

I never have a cup of tea in the evenings now either in case one runs across me/the floor as I know it will end up everywhere!
Old 17 Sep 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

There was one on my little girls jacket this morning when I picked it up for her, if she had seen it she would have absolutely freaked! I havent ever seen one like it before, it made me Google fake black widow, but I moved that quickly with the jacket to get it outside I couldn't remember what the thing looked like! It wasn't a normal house spider though I know that much
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
The giant house spiders you see at this time of year are usually males looking for a bit more than a cuddle, I’m afraid….
I am afraid if they wave their willy in my direction they will be getting walloped with a large book.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

My daughter went to brush her when she got up the other morning. She looked in the mirror and saw that her hair was moving😳😳😳. Yes you guessed it - a bloody great spider. Thank God I was out so didn't hear her screaming. I dread to think what the neighbours thought was happening 😂😂😂.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List