Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 19, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kayleigh8150
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Car seat and Pram in hold-bag needed?

Hi I am travelling with my 10 month old so we are taking our own car seat and Pram and wondered if people took there own bags to put these into at the gate or did virgin supply one?
kayleigh8150 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I kept my pram until the gate, when I folded and they took it; I put my car seat into a hold bag (with a load of nappies, towels and a booster seat for my other daughter).

This was a few years ago, Virgin would apparently offer a clear plastic bag but I got one from Kiddicare to keep it safer and add the other stuff
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jiminycricket
Trying for More Ears

You don't need to have one. I'm not sure if VA supply one, I wouldn't have thought so, BA didn't. When we flew recently we bought one of these and I can't reccommend them enough, although unfortunately they seem to be out of stock on amazon right now:
amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
We paid £24, which is more than you need to as you can get the very basic ones for around £10. The reason I love this one is it has backpack straps so you can carry it easily, is a rigid shape so you can fill it with nappies etc (airlines don't seem to mind this) or, if you have tons to carry like us, put your flight bags in the bag and carry the flight bag and car seat on your back all together as you walk through the airport. Im hoping to get my £24 worth out of it over the next ten years or so!
jiminycricket is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Virgin definitely do supply plastic bags for car seats and you put them in oversize luggage. They are quite heavy duty plastic bags and plenty big enough, you just need to ask when you check in/bag drop. We keep hold of ours for the return journey just in case they don’t have them at our return airport, but actually we’ve never had a problem.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Years ago BA gave us a big clear bag to put the pram in but no other airline ever provided one. When we had a smaller stroller we kept it up to the gate at Manchester, can't remember who we flew with but at the gate it was chucked down a spiral chute (was damaged and scratched) without a bag. Sometime they are taken from you at the plane door and carried down the steps to go in the hold last so come off first.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
blah11
Getting Excited

Mobile

We wrapped the seats in bubble wrap and bin bags, and I took a bugaboo so took the travel bag for that but that wasn’t bubble wrapped and made it there in one piece!
blah11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

We were given clear bags at Virgin check in for the car seat - no problems what so ever. Have also taken car seats on european flights with no bags and they have been fine
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We used a black car seat bag we bought from Amazon. The added bonus, we filled the carseat with boxes of formula and wrapped everything with our beach towels (and then cling film) giving us more room in our other bags. We also took our bugaboo in the bugaboo travel bag for extra protection (poxy bloody thing)
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

I got this for our Britax Romer Evolva car seat. It has straps on to carry like a rucksack. I also put our towels for the water parks in it. I also wrote our name on the bag in marker pen so we could identify it easily. amazon/dp/B074M9R2..._nqh5CbFP6D9P5

I got a Babyway stroller that folds up really small and is light. amazon/dp/B07CHXLL..._Nvh5CbGTSXEG1

I then got a travel bag to put it in, like this one. I put some tape around the strap and wrote our name on it, so we could identify it.
amazon/dp/B074PNCC..._UAh5CbMJ1TJD3

As a side, since our DD was 3, we checked in the stroller at the same time as the luggage and she used her Trunki in the airport. Once we got through Immigration we then put her in the stroller to ease our way through MCO, and did the same on the return journey.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kayleigh8150
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you for all the comments I’ve purchased a bag as like the idea of using it to store the large number of characters we will be most likely bring back with us 🙈
kayleigh8150 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List