Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mc-bige
a Friend of the DIBB

wheres the second best place to see the fireworks on the evening of the 4th, i have only 2 day Disney ticket and would prefer to use different dates for these as the crowds would kill the enjoyment of the rides, (i have universal 14 day ticket so could go there).

is there a restaurant worth booking for the 4th of July evening to enjoy the fireworks or is it too late to book now
mc-bige is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shmee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mc-bige View Post
wheres the second best place to see the fireworks on the evening of the 4th, i have only 2 day Disney ticket and would prefer to use different dates for these as the crowds would kill the enjoyment of the rides, (i have universal 14 day ticket so could go there).

is there a restaurant worth booking for the 4th of July evening to enjoy the fireworks or is it too late to book now
California Grill in the Contemporary has a viewing platform where you can watch the fireworks and the music is piped in. Might be too late to get a table but worth a try.
Shmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went to MK on the 4th one year. We went for rope drop, got everything done that we wanted without it being too busy. I had booked an ADR for lunch at 12 noon in the Plaza and when we came out from that the place was heaving. We had planned on leaving anyway so made a quick exit through the shops. Spent the rest of the day chilling by the pool.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Is it the same the week leading up to the 4th or is it only the 4th that is rammed?
Old 18 May 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We go this time every year. We avoid the parks - very busy and go shopping instead for the July 4th sales.

At night we book dinner at California Grill to watch the fireworks from the balcony.

The days either side of the 4th are busy but not too bad if you plan ahead with fastpasses. We are used to July being hot, humid and busy.
Old 18 May 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mc-bige
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
California Grill in the Contemporary has a viewing platform where you can watch the fireworks and the music is piped in. Might be too late to get a table but worth a try.
just had a quick look, yep sold out!, can you get into disney hotels without using a park day or or not staying in a disney hotel?

Edited at 06:21 PM.
mc-bige is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Were going 4th -18th July next year for the first time ,due to sons finishing GCSEs its a lot cheaper than August when we normally go .im very Nervous about the crowds though .im hoping People can say its ok and not to stress about it but I cant help it

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

We went last year to MK and I personally didn't find it too bad? We always go in the summer so used to busy, but we were there from opening to closing! One member of our party was leaving the next day and was determined to get the best from her last day! We did quite a lot of rides (fast pass 3 main ones!) Then did lots of character meets and photo opportunities etc. We had a sit down meal booked for a breather half way through the day which helped. It was however very wet on July 4th last year? So the fireworks were delayed by an hour, and I think a lot of people gave up not expecting them to go ahead? The park emptied a lot! We just ponchoed up and carried on! After the fireworks we stayed until closing (think 1am?) It was very quiet then! We had a brilliant day and went with the flow. I would do it again no problem!
Old 18 May 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
We went last year to MK and I personally didn't find it too bad? We always go in the summer so used to busy, but we were there from opening to closing! One member of our party was leaving the next day and was determined to get the best from her last day! We did quite a lot of rides (fast pass 3 main ones!) Then did lots of character meets and photo opportunities etc. We had a sit down meal booked for a breather half way through the day which helped. It was however very wet on July 4th last year? So the fireworks were delayed by an hour, and I think a lot of people gave up not expecting them to go ahead? The park emptied a lot! We just ponchoed up and carried on! After the fireworks we stayed until closing (think 1am?) It was very quiet then! We had a brilliant day and went with the flow. I would do it again no problem!
Aww that sounded like a lovely day! The rain doesnt annoy me either Im sure well be glad of it with the heat! Its the only time we can get so well have to suck it up!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

I was there 2016, it was really busy, they had a system later on in afternoon of going up right hand side Main Street and going down the left.
Getting out of park took hours. Although we had a great times, you needed fast passes to get on rides. Firework where amazing in magic kingdom.
We have done universal previous years and that was ok, just felt a bit busier.
We have done celebrations a few years, but felt it was same every year, personally I think I will stay at villa this year and watch from pool with Barbie and drinks.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma

Edited at 06:39 PM. Reason: Date
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List