Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzyd
I want to go now!

Fingerprints at US Immigration

Does anyone know why they take your fingerprints on entering the USA? Do they save them on record so that they can check they match next time you arrive in the USA? TIA.
KAZZYD :May 1994 - Rosen Inn International. June 1995 - Quality Inn International. June 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza. May 2006 - Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee. May 2012 - Radisson Resort Parkway Kissimmee. June 2014 - Radisson Resort Parkway Kissimmee. August 2016 - Villa Windsor Palms
Kazzyd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
You have answered your own question. Photographs and prints are retained for at least 10 years.

When we had the Global Entry interview the CBP Guy had every photo of us going back to 2007. He checked every one of them and then asked my Wife why she had married an old man

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
He checked every one of them and then asked my Wife why she had married an old man

:p gig:

You know what they say, the older the fiddle the better the tune

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Toria_dee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kazzyd View Post
Does anyone know why they take your fingerprints on entering the USA? Do they save them on record so that they can check they match next time you arrive in the USA? TIA.
Hi Kazzy, whilst US immigration may database fingerprints from first/previous entry, when arriving into an airport with the biometic system, prints are not taken as your photo provides the required facial recognition.

When we arrived into Atl last Nov the banks of kiosks were all taped off, odd to see them with lights on but nobody home! Our admitting IO was very pleasant and explained the biometric system.
Old 21 May 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Kazzy, whilst US immigration may database fingerprints from first/previous entry, when arriving into an airport with the biometic system, prints are not taken as your photo provides the required facial recognition.

When we arrived into Atl last Nov the banks of kiosks were all taped off, odd to see them with lights on but nobody home! Our admitting IO was very pleasant and explained the biometric system.
Chris. Spot on. Using your Visa do they still stamp your passport as with GE they don't take your photo or stamp it.
All they do is keep the printout from the GE machine and wave you through. So good.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. Spot on. Using your Visa do they still stamp your passport as with GE they don't take your photo or stamp it.
All they do is keep the printout from the GE machine and wave you through. So good.
Oh aye T, our pp's are stamped B2/180, hence why I was oblivious of the 61 day overstay flag due to admitting IO keystroke error when he keyed me as 90 day VWP. First time in after acquiring B2, bit of an oops moment for me when I was hauled to Secondary the following Nov!

Considering the profiling we go thro when applying for B2 it would've been canny for it to include GE, but then as it's another money spinner they're unlikely to include with the visa process.
Old 22 May 19, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Phild
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Came through MCO last week and they weren’t taking fingerprints or photos of anybody. Just a quick check of passport and a few taps on their computer and we were through. First time we have never had prints and photos.
Phild is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Phild View Post
Came through MCO last week and they weren’t taking fingerprints or photos of anybody. Just a quick check of passport and a few taps on their computer and we were through. First time we have never had prints and photos.
Yes we had nothing last September it took seconds he looked at us smiled and said welcome back!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

In 2015 sh came with me having not previously been to USA for 10 years we were questioned as to why had been lots and he hadn't
They know everything !

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mouli1 View Post
In 2015 sh came with me having not previously been to USA for 10 years we were questioned as to why had been lots and he hadn't. They know everything!
Hi mouli Oh aye, they know far more about travellers than some like to believe. In 2011, after advising the admitting IO we were staying for 3 month he nearly swallowed his tongue, don't know why, he can see our return to UK date. He proceeded to go thro every flippin' year/US stamp in my pp (altho I knew he was actually looking at his puter), pointing out that I'd been in 3 times or 4 times in this, that and the other year, he went back to 2006, the year that pp was issued - howay man I'm thinking... on such occasions it's better I keep my sarky mouth shut but every time he threw up, 'you came X times that year', I thought, 'aye, I kna bonny lad, and I went yam X times 'n'all'... he repeatedly told us, 'don't over-stay', even shouting it after we'd waked away, hubs had had it by then and turned around and shouted back, 'guaranteed'.

Oddly, since B2 visa approval in 2012 we've never been asked how long we're staying, they seem more accepting/unconcerned of our winter stays.