Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sue, It's good you got out on a nice day and I hope you bought a kiss me quick hat (do they still sell them?).
I didn't have time to shop after the parking ticket drama.

Incidentally for those pricing up UK holidays parking was £2.50 for an hour.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I didn't have time to shop after the parking ticket drama.

Incidentally for those pricing up UK holidays parking was £2.50 for an hour.
It’s extortionate Sue
We park in the town & its £1.10 for an hour 🤩
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
We went to Frinton on Saturday with DH63, DD22, DSD37 & DGD7.
We decided it would just be a bit quieter than other seaside resorts.

Lovely beach, not crowded by any means & we felt safe.
Took food/drink as the shops are a 10 min walk away.
No amusements just a nice bit of seaside relaxation & fun.

Left mid afternoon around 4 & thought we might have an hour in Clacton in the fair for DGD7.
Well as we drove along the front by the fair there was a very long line of about 25 people to the ticket booth and as we drove further & saw the entrance area to the pier & beach it was like sardines! Bad enough in normal times but with Covid even though it was outside it was madness.
We carried on driving & went home!

A very nostalgic reminder of my childhood. Every other Sunday in Summer our extended family used to set off in convoy down the A12 complete with full scale picnic lunch. Nearly always Frinton as the grown ups loved the peace and quiet but we kids always begged for Walton as it was more lively with amusements. We seldom won

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
We live in Westcliff Sue
So near Southend, it’s a bit tacky only love it when Grandson stays as there is so much for him 🙊😎
I much prefer Ramsgate where they live 🤩
I was born in Westcliff and never have I thought of it as tacky.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

A few photos from "Sarfend" taken back at the tail end of 2020.

Old 9 Jun 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
I was born in Westcliff and never have I thought of it as tacky.
I meant Southend not Westcliff 🤦
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
What are they building all along by where Neverland was please?
My in laws used to live in Thorpe Bay so we spent a lot of time there when the kids were young. We actually had a beach hut there. Lovely little high street, like something from the 1950s.
They are going to be residential apartments, they look stunning from the artistic impressions but certainly not a location I would choose (the development is called Clifftown Shore if you want to have a nosey).

Totally chuckled at the reference to Neverland... what a blast from the past!

We live in Leigh-on-Sea and absolutely love it. We spent the day down further down in Shoebury on Saturday as our friends have a beach hut down there and it was glorious, so much quieter than the tourist hotspot of Southend seafront! Uncle Tom's cabin is perfect for ice creams and there are excellent toilet facilities too
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sue, It's good you got out on a nice day and I hope you bought a kiss me quick hat (do they still sell them?).
Had on here bonny lad... even if wor Sue could buy a KMQ hat who do you think would have one big enough for your heed, like? Yer divent stop 'n think, like...
Old 9 Jun 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

I was born in Southend, moved to Shoeburyness once bought my own house. We then moved to South Wales for work and are presently (for last 10 years or so) been in Suffolk.

My mum still lives in Southend, my in laws in Leigh on sea, sister in Great Wakering and brother in Thorpe bay.
I love coming to visit them and the memories but don't think I would move back to Southend. But like everywhere, there can be lovely places and then turn a corner and not so nice.
Do love a walk along the promenade early in morning tho.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
A few photos from "Sarfend" taken back at the tail end of 2020.

Looking forward to trying that ride on our next visit. Looks good. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List