Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

For medium coverage days I use skin 79 bb cream and for full coverage days I use either tarte Amazonian clay foundation (old formula) or L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Freshwear Foundation
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Love that all the targeted ads right now are insanely bright make up products

I love Mac's Studio Fix for when I need a fuller coverage. For lighter, I enjoy Waterweight and Georgio Armani Luminous Silk (I think that's what it is).
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

One of my fav subjects! Makeup 😍

I've used loads over the last ten years, clarins, loreal stick, bobbi brown stick, mac studio fix, more recently tarte shape/face tape and currently wearing the cheapest of all. For about the last 9 months I've been using phoera liquid foundation. I bought it after umming and erring as I wasn't keen on the formula of the renewed tarte face tape foundation. I absolutely love the phoera one! It suits me much better and it's a fraction of the price. I got mine off amazon.

Talking of makeup also found my holy grail mascara too.. Also cheap! A fibre onn on amazon fir 4.99! Beats benefit and many others hands-down! For me anyway.

X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
One of my fav subjects! Makeup 😍

I've used loads over the last ten years, clarins, loreal stick, bobbi brown stick, mac studio fix, more recently tarte shape/face tape and currently wearing the cheapest of all. For about the last 9 months I've been using phoera liquid foundation. I bought it after umming and erring as I wasn't keen on the formula of the renewed tarte face tape foundation. I absolutely love the phoera one! It suits me much better and it's a fraction of the price. I got mine off amazon.

Talking of makeup also found my holy grail mascara too.. Also cheap! A fibre onn on amazon fir 4.99! Beats benefit and many others hands-down! For me anyway.

X
How did you colour match the phoera? I’ve just checked Amazon and surely it can’t be any good for that price?!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
I use Clinique - I don’t wear it all the time - just when I’m in work or going for a ‘proper’ night out. It’s a liquid one in a little squeezy bottle - nice and light - I’m also using a loose mineral powder called something like miracle veil with it - v similar to bare minerals for about 1/3 of the cost.
I love Clinique - sounds like the same foundation I use ”Even Better” its called. Light but good cover and doesnt cuse oily patches (I hve combination skin). i also use the ”beyond Perfecting” for going out or if I have a bad skin day - its a foundation and concealer in one.
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
How did you colour match the phoera? I’ve just checked Amazon and surely it can’t be any good for that price?!
I just looked at swatches and thought for the price, if its wrong it's not a big deal. I went with buff beige which is 104 and it's perfect for me. Better than 29n which is what I had from tarte. Foundation is like mascara, very personal and what one person finds works another won't. At least for a fiver you aren't spending a fortune finding out! I just dust on setting powder after to make it matte under my eyes. Less is more too, you don't have to use loads and still get nice coverage. X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
I use- https://www.itcosmetics.co.uk/face/foundation/your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-with-spf-50/ITC_0008.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvO2IBhCzARIsALw3ASrL7I MyT4ZtjUamBdM9LT3xlcTLIDSANTUQOGVP3K6KOx-hJBKwaXUaAi62EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#start=1&cgid=ma keup-face

It's a CC cream but I use it as a foundation, it has great reviews
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

My favourite, I’ve used it for years, it’s high coverage but feels light. I use the illuminating one in the summer and the regular one all year round. Doesn’t need a primer and its held up in Florida humidity for me - I have dry skin though.
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

How do you know which colours? I’ve been colour matched in Boots and also Estée Lauder in the past but Debenhams has shut now (where I would go for Estée Lauder) and Boots werent doing colour match because of covid.
I’ve really fancied IT cosmetics or NARS - I see IT cosmetics on QVC but never know how to work out my shade.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
How do you know which colours? I’ve been colour matched in Boots and also Estée Lauder in the past but Debenhams has shut now (where I would go for Estée Lauder) and Boots werent doing colour match because of covid.
I’ve really fancied IT cosmetics or NARS - I see IT cosmetics on QVC but never know how to work out my shade.
With NARS you can do it 2 ways. You can either put the brand and colour of something you already use and know matches your skin colour and they will tell you their equivalent colour. Or they can match by taking a photo of you - I did this and the colour they suggested was spot on, obviously take the photo in a good light.

Forgot to say this is online.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List