Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Yes, animals have brains. Brains are needed just to function.
I’m struggling to understand why you think animals are able to use their brains in the same way as humans do?
Animals act on instinct - survival is mostly what their brains are used for. Not reasoning, or thinking whether biting something is right or wrong.
And hence is it not possible that when dogs are attacking people that they are using their instincts - and acting independently - and as such are responsible for their actions ?

Birds animals and fish travel hundreds of miles using their survival instincts . They must ‘ understand ‘ why they are doing it , otherwise they wouldn’t repeat the same tricks year after year to survive.

I am really struggling to see the opposite point of view
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:25 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

there are bad dogs just the same as there are bad people

There are those that believe that all such incidents are the result of lack of good training but they probably believe that World War 2 wouldn't have happened if Mrs Hitler had cuddled Adolf more often
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 51-a- good year View Post
there are bad dogs just the same as there are bad people

There are those that believe that all such incidents are the result of lack of good training but they probably believe that World War 2 wouldn't have happened if Mrs Hitler had cuddled Adolf more often
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
As a non-dog owner I am completely perplexed by this and would love to understand the logic of this .
Sure , throw the book at the owners but an animal can’t do something bad and be blameless .

If a dog can can be all the things that make it ‘ a mans best friend ‘ , can be on Britain’s got talent , can be a sheepdog or a working dog in the snow etc , etc etc , then it clearly can be taught right from wrong and can be taught to be responsible for its actions . Surely it can ‘ understand ‘ blame just the same as it understands that it gets a treat or a ‘ good boy ‘ when it ‘ sits’ or returns to its owner etc . Otherwise it wouldn’t do it .
Why do you think all these ‘ my dog wouldn’t do that’ events happen ? Because the dog has a brain and doesn’t always do what is expected ?
Why doesn’t a dog carry on pooing on the carpet ? Because it learns that it has done wrong and gets punished accordingly .
Why are some dogs easy to train and others not - because they have a kind of their own .

I just don’t get how it can be NOTHING to do with them .

I fully get that much of a dogs ‘ personality ‘ is taught and hence the owner has a massive say in how it reacts , but it doesn’t control it 100% - which explains my fear of ( in particular big ) dogs - and why dogs like humans don’t do the same thing every time .

It would be the same for any pet by the way - whether that be a cat , a horse even a rabbit . Animals have brains .
Because the owners should have had the good sense to not take in a dog with a suspect history into a household with children. Animals like dogs do not have the reasoning power humans do. They see danger/threat and react. Humans on the other hand should have the sense to protect their children from danger which includes unknown dangers. In the case of this poor child
The previous owner had advised in the ad that it wasn’t trustworthy around other animals - why on earth would you bring a dog like that into a home with children?
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Because the owners should have had the good sense to not take in a dog with a suspect history into a household with children.
The previous owner had advised in the ad that it wasn’t trustworthy around other animals - why on earth would you bring a dog like that into a home with children?
I have says this almost word for word previously . My point is that the owners aren’t the ONLY ones to blame
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:42 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

The incident in Cornwall was caused by the mother of the child taking drugs and drinking while she left her child in a different caravan with a dog who didn’t belong to the family. Again - this was caused by the neglect of the mother.
This wasn’t neglect by the child’s mother, the dog was not owned by the family of the child that was killed 😢😢😢
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I have says this almost word fir word . My point is that the owners aren’t the ONLY ones to blame
Well, whether you believe the dog is to blame or not, it paid the ultimate price for what happened (as has to happen in these cases), but the owners must be held accountable as they are responsible for the dog.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Well, whether you believe the dog is to blame or not, it paid the ultimate price for what happened (as has to happen in these cases), but the owners must be held accountable as they are responsible for the dog.
Completely agree - buying such a dog and leaving it with children is utterly irresponsible and they should feel the full force of the law, as should the previous owner for selling it

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Old 13 Nov 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
This wasn’t neglect by the child’s mother, the dog was not owned by the family of the child that was killed 😢😢😢
I’m sorry but if the mother was off in another caravan doing drugs and drinking it was absolutely neglect on her part.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I’m sorry but if the mother was off in another caravan doing drugs and drinking it was absolutely neglect on her part.
In your post I was responding to you said ‘again’ it was neglect by the mother, in the case this thread is talking about that’s not the case, unless you mean allowing him to play out with his friend is neglect?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List