Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We’ve got one being fitted as part of our new kitchen later this month. We’ve gone for an induction top and the 1100 cm version. Hope it lasts us a long time!
Old 1 Jan 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mine's very similar and slate grey. I ordered blind as couldn't find it anywhere else.

It was fitted nearly 3 years ago, no issues whatsoever.

Mine came from AO, although John Lewis did stock it online at the time. It's the best oven I've ever had.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We are getting a Rangemaster when we get our kitchen extension and new kitchen later this year.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I’ve got the Rangemaster Platingum duel fuel in stainless steel, had it around 6 years and it’s still like new. A circut board blew in the first week and Rangemaster sent someone out the next working day, it was a 2 minute fix.

I normally use the tall oven every day and it heats evenly. The large oven has a rack attached to the door with a roasting tray but I’ve only used that a few times. I usually take it off as I find it difficult to get the tray off it. I don’t like the electric grill as it’s so slow and next time I’d pay the extra for the gas one. The hob is still like new, the only burner I have difficulty getting low enough is the large one (wok?) but is the one I use most as it has its own section so I don’t have to clean the whole thing.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Mine's very similar and slate grey. I ordered blind as couldn't find it anywhere else.

It was fitted nearly 3 years ago, no issues whatsoever.

Mine came from AO, although John Lewis did stock it online at the time. It's the best oven I've ever had.

Jill
I love the colour. We noticed the ' hot plate' that goes over the hob. Do you use it? Hubby thought it'd be handy to have.
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
I had the same as Loola for 17 years until we moved this year- its the one thing I regret not being able to fit into my new kitchen. Going from that to a built in single oven and grill is quite a difference!

I loved my Rangemaster, had no problems with it over the 17 years , the slim oven is the best part
Thank you
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jiljo View Post
I have had a cream Rangemaster Classic 90 dual fuel for 19 years and have just ordered a black one to replace it. They are very solid, I doubt the casing or the cast iron pan supports would ever wear out. Only in about the last 12 months or so it has developed a few niggles; one of the gas rings needs a match to light, one of the grill elements has packed in and the main oven browns quicker on one side than the other. All of which could no doubt be repaired, but I decided it was time to treat ourselves to a new one. I had no hesitation in ordering a new Rangemaster.
To get such a long time with faults only developing the last year or so is fantastic. Our current one is about 4 years old ( maybe less) and we really gate it. It's not been great quality and a few things wrong/broken already.
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by paw View Post
I’ve got the Rangemaster Platingum duel fuel in stainless steel, had it around 6 years and it’s still like new. A circut board blew in the first week and Rangemaster sent someone out the next working day, it was a 2 minute fix.

I normally use the tall oven every day and it heats evenly. The large oven has a rack attached to the door with a roasting tray but I’ve only used that a few times. I usually take it off as I find it difficult to get the tray off it. I don’t like the electric grill as it’s so slow and next time I’d pay the extra for the gas one. The hob is still like new, the only burner I have difficulty getting low enough is the large one (wok?) but is the one I use most as it has its own section so I don’t have to clean the whole thing.
That's great customer service. I'd it easy enough to remove the door tray? If we remove it, is there still enough shelves in the oven?
Thank you
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you so much to everyone who has replied. It seems they are pretty hard-wearing and worth the money. We've found a local(ish) independent retailer who only stocks range cookers so we'll hopefully get up there before I'm back to work and see if they have it in stock.

Thanks again.
Old 1 Jan 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
I love the colour. We noticed the ' hot plate' that goes over the hob. Do you use it? Hubby thought it'd be handy to have.
We use it a lot, especially good for burgers for our DGC. My favourite thing to do on it is slices of halloumi cheese. Only time it's been put away is at Christmas when I need all 5 burners for vegetables.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List