Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jan 22, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

BA WTP Meals/Refreshments

Hi, I wonder if anyone has been in BA's WTP cabin lately? I was watching a review ftom December 2021 and they said they didn't get a welcome drink when boarding, the main meal and refreshments were OK but they didn't get an ice lolly part way through. Then for the snack before landing it was a sandwich made with one slice of bread and a kit kat which was the same as the snack in WT. I know things aren't normal just now but I was wondering if it just happened to not be as good thr day the reviewers travelled or if that was the normal now?
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
Hi, I wonder if anyone has been in BA's WTP cabin lately? I was watching a review ftom December 2021 and they said they didn't get a welcome drink when boarding, the main meal and refreshments were OK but they didn't get an ice lolly part way through. Then for the snack before landing it was a sandwich made with one slice of bread and a kit kat which was the same as the snack in WT. I know things aren't normal just now but I was wondering if it just happened to not be as good thr day the reviewers travelled or if that was the normal now?
We flew LGW/TPA on 03/01/2022 and were offered fruit juice or water on boarding.
The main meal was Chicken Korma or Mushroom Risotto.
No lolly
Snack was a turkey and cheese roll and a mini Crunchie.
They came around with water and fruit juice a few times.
Certainly nothing special about it at all.
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you. That is disappointing. We thought we would treat ourselves but doesn't sound that special at all.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We flew back from LAX last weekend, first time in WT+. For us the extra space and comfort made it well worth it. We'd flown out economy as we usually do and the difference was huge in our opinion.Food was ok, nothing special but dinner definitively better than lunch outbound which was inedible. Fruit juice and water as we boarded. Again for us, we'd do it again for the much more comfortable flight.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We flew 11th Jan, water or orange juice pre take off, then the bar came round (not a bad Chardonnay but I've had better)and the usual pretzels, main meal the usual salad starter, chicken tikka masala, roll and butter and cheesecake with more Chardonnay and then coffee. Twice they came round with some packs of Walkers biscuits, then our "tea" was a Coronation chicken soft baguette type roll and a kit kat. It wasn't amazing but I felt quite full.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

They advertise sparkling wine on their website but now only offer water or orange juice. The food on my recent LGW-MCO flight was poor and on MCO-LGW was appalling,
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I can only speak for World Traveller, but the drinks service was a very poor selection on our return flight. The food was terrible, with no choice in both directions

Also, here is our breakfast.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I can only speak for World Traveller, but the drinks service was a very poor selection on our return flight. The food was terrible, with no choice in both directions

Also, here is our breakfast.
Exactly the same breakfast in Premium Economy. It was served in a brown bag and wrapped in foil and when you opened it up it was covered in grease / fat.

no napkins, milk or sugar in the brown bag either for anyone (apparently there should have been) so had to make do with a black coffee.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
They advertise sparkling wine on their website but now only offer water or orange juice. The food on my recent LGW-MCO flight was poor and on MCO-LGW was appalling,
The sparkling wine is mentioned as a drink after take-off, not as a "welcome aboard" drink:
In World Traveller Plus you can enjoy a glass of sparkling wine after take-off
britishairways/en-gb...traveller-plus

(Maybe yiou didn't get this either, but this thread seems to have focused on the welcome pre-take-off drink)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I never really think of WT+ or Virgin PE as being anything special for food and drink. Then again, I don't drink alcohol on planes so that may be more of a thing for others.

For me, it is the extra space, luggage, better priority on boarding / disembarkation that are the main things.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List