Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jan 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by moosha View Post
We’re vegan and our favourite meal in December was Jaleo (quite a few options and we enjoyed the tapas style, the patatas bravas were delicious and the vegan paella was good too but expensive for a small portion.)

We also really enjoyed the vegan fish and chips at Rose and Crown, best vegan ‘fish’ I’ve had and even came with vegan tartare sauce.

The Impossible burgers at House of Blues are very good too. And Beyond burgers at the Edison impressed when we went in 2020.

We weren’t so happy with Skipper Canteen this trip, the food was pretty average and the service was rubbish, whereas it had been one of my absolute favourites in 2018.

The plant-based Thanksgiving Feast option at Liberty Tree Tavern was nice and something a bit different (impossible meatloaf with mash and vegetables) but it was very expensive.

The vegan totchos at Woody’s Lunch Box are probably my favourite counter service option, and the vegan loaded slaw dog at Casey’s Corner is very good too.

The felucian spread at Docking Bay 7 is nice for something different too.

Satu’li Canteen’s bowls used to be good too, hopefully they still are.

We really struggled with counter service breakfast options in the parks as vegans but the triple suns breakfast wrap at Ronto Roasters was very good and nice and spicy.

Next trip we’re probably going to go back to Tusker House as that was always a favourite before the closure. Same with Crystal Palace but I’m definitely checking the options before booking as I’d prefer the old buffets with lots of vegan options to family style.

We might brave Yak and Yeti for the first time in a long time next trip as we had two terrible service experiences there, but it’s a big favourite for lots of vegetarians and pescatarians I believe.

Half the family made it to O’hana in December and I think the vegan dinner option there is pretty good although I didn’t go but again, very expensive as it’s a per person charge for all you care to eat.

We went to Tiffins on Christmas Day and found the food a bit average and very expensive (obviously, it’s a Signature.)
Thanks so much This is super in depth and really helpful. Ill defo take a look at these Thanks for taking the time to help!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Evening,

There are quite a few off site restaurants that would suit you. I am pescatarian as well and never have trouble off site. I do eat a lot of seafood though.

Longhorns - love it here
Joe's Crabshack - amazing seafood buckets.
Denny's and Perkins are good for lunches and quick teas.
Red lobster is also good.

Onsite Jiko has great fish options

You will have plenty of options. Happy menu browsing. 😁

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've been a veggie for over 30 years, and visited WDW many times over that time.

The choices today are a world away from the sparse options in years gone by.

My partner is a pescatarian, but both our children are full-on meat eaters today. Our family favourites for table service, many of which we visit year after year are below, and I always eat VERY well in them!

Cali Grill
Sanaa
Teppan Edo
Coral Reef
Tokyo Dining
50s Prime Time
Splittsville
Beaches and Cream
Kona Cafe
Boma
Crystal Palace

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
Onsite Jiko has great fish options
Jiko is still closed, alas.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone! Think I’ve got a fairly solid list together now Thinking of maybe working in a afternoon/night offsite maybe doing some shopping or going to celebration as I love it there! So might well visit red lobster / carrabas as they’re old favourites of mine

All of the suggestions have been super helpful and I’m hoping to put out a pre trip report once I’ve secured my ADRS this weekend ☺️
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Jiko is also great for vegans and vegetarians, when we went in 2019 they had a whole vegan / vegetarian menu which you don’t often see in WDW.

One thing I would say is that with the pandemic and staffing / supply issues (and possibly Disney’s cost cutting initiatives), we felt in December that the portions were not as big and quality was not as good as in 2019.

The options I mentioned upthread were mostly based on our trip last month. As I said we didn’t think the food was as good at Skipper Canteen in 2021 as it had been a few years before when we had all declared it one of our favourite meals of the trip.

I have read quite a few comments online and on US boards about food quality dropping so I would definitely go in with an open mind to restaurants that were a favourite before the pandemic. It could be that the issues are just a temporary blip and as things improve with the pandemic, the food is as good as it was before again. But as I said, the ones I mentioned we felt were good recently.

I’m pretty sure they do still offer a plant based option on all table service and pretty much all counter service menus at Disney operated restaurants still as well.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Awww no,I didn't realise that! Hope it opens again soon! I love it there!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
Awww no,I didn't realise that! Hope it opens again soon! I love it there!

Em
xxxx
Think it’s just been announced that it’s reopening today along with a few other signatures !
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Think it’s just been announced that it’s reopening today along with a few other signatures !
Indeed - February 17th.

Handy as we fly in on the 19th (negative tests permitting)!

Part One
Part Two
Old 19 Jan 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Jiko is also great for vegans and vegetarians, when we went in 2019 they had a whole vegan / vegetarian menu which you don’t often see in WDW.

One thing I would say is that with the pandemic and staffing / supply issues (and possibly Disney’s cost cutting initiatives), we felt in December that the portions were not as big and quality was not as good as in 2019.

The options I mentioned upthread were mostly based on our trip last month. As I said we didn’t think the food was as good at Skipper Canteen in 2021 as it had been a few years before when we had all declared it one of our favourite meals of the trip.

I have read quite a few comments online and on US boards about food quality dropping so I would definitely go in with an open mind to restaurants that were a favourite before the pandemic. It could be that the issues are just a temporary blip and as things improve with the pandemic, the food is as good as it was before again. But as I said, the ones I mentioned we felt were good recently.

I’m pretty sure they do still offer a plant based option on all table service and pretty much all counter service menus at Disney operated restaurants still as well.
This is really very useful, thank you! 💕

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List