Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jan 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PaulaJaneBourke
Getting to know the DIBB

Skyliner

Hello,

For the first time ever we're not staying onsite. Are we able to use the skyliner as non-resort guests?

If so, we wanted to eat breakfast at Caribbean Beach and take the skyliner from there to epcot, is this doable?

Many thanks,

Old 18 Jan 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes you can, anyone can use all Disney transport, there's no checks whether you are on site or not.

Not sure how you're planning on getting to CBR, but you won't be able to leave your car there and then head to the parks. But Uber would be fine.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeysfriend
Earning My Ears

Drive to Disney springs and get the bus to Caribbean Beach. Then take the Skyliner. We do it all the time it’s a nice day out if you get it to Hollywood Studios then walk along the path to Boardwalk. Look round there the catch the Skyliner back from Epcot International Gateway to Caribbean Beach. Enjoy!
dopeysfriend is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Over the many years of visiting we always park up at DS a couple of times and do a tour of the resorts using the free WDW transport. Maybe done this 50 times over the years but have yet to try the Skyliner. We sat outside HS a couple of years ago and we could see the Skyliner station and thought about it but as it was new there were too many people heading that way.

Never stayed in a WDW hotel, haven't visited a park since 2010 and can count on one hand how many sit down meals we've had there.

As Loldis says it's completely free to any visitor. One tip though. The buses to the monorail resorts and Boardwalk don't start running until 11am

Mick
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The Skyliner queue can be misleading Mick. Because it's basically an omnimover, it can get through the line pretty quickly.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to ride it, but worth a go if you're nearby. I did enjoy it compared to the buses. Especially since I avoided the peak times so would get a cabin all to myself. Just wish it went to better parks.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List