Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 22, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We had an upper cabana booked for last year ( before we knew we definitely couldn’t travel) think it was around $499.99 in August.
Was very easy to cancel- didn’t have to do it over the phone, just sent an e-mail and the money was back on my credit card within a few days.
Endless Summer 2023

Edited at 06:24 PM.
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Got thru today n booked an upper cabana. It’s more that I budget for. $699.99 plus tax. I was aiming for $500. Including tax is $250 more than I expected. Is it really worth it? I really hope so!
Blimey the price is really high in June then !
Makes my $373 for an Upper Cabana a Monday in May seem really good value now !
The customer service guy I booked with said I couldn't request an area but he would note down the fact it was just 6 adults and we wanted a quiet area but nothing guaranteed.
We shall turn up early and hope they can move us if we find we've been placed in the kiddies zone !
Bit confused about their cancellation policy as on the e-ticket sent it says in one place NONREFUNDABLE and then further down in small print "72 hour cancellation notice is required for a refund" followed by a couple of sentences along "The above product is non-refundable" 🤷🤷🤷
Hopefully I won't need to find out which it is 🤞.

Never had a cabana before so really looking forward to the experience !
Will report back on the Dibb how it went.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

$500 plus dollars for a tent for the day ?! Really ?
I could not stomach paying out that sort of money ever
Id rather spend that towards another flight
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
$500 plus dollars for a tent for the day ?! Really ?
I could not stomach paying out that sort of money ever
Id rather spend that towards another flight
Agreed! I'm intrigued. What on earth does that include to warrant that amount of money?
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Got thru today n booked an upper cabana. It’s more that I budget for. $699.99 plus tax. I was aiming for $500. Including tax is $250 more than I expected. Is it really worth it? I really hope so!
We absolutely loved ours, but didn't pay anywhere near that, we did book it the day before so knew we were taking a risk on not being able to get one, I'd had a quote in advance that was quite high, phoned the day before as it was October (2018) and we wanted to have a better idea of the forecast, the price was significantly less than they'd quoted in advance.

I must point out that this was for a Monday, it was a quiet day and there were plenty standing empty, although apparently the day before had been rammed.

We loved the safe, the Tapu tapu machine inside the cabana, the shade, the food and drink service, fruit platter and drinks, I'd definitely have one again.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Bit more than a tent haha…

Really looking forward to our VB day in May. Cabana is going to make it much better.

Good luck to those reserving cabanas!

Thanks for the pics PoohBear…. What location were you in?
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Bit more than a tent haha…

Really looking forward to our VB day in May. Cabana is going to make it much better.

Good luck to those reserving cabanas!

Thanks for the pics PoohBear…. What location were you in?
Oh goodness, we were ground level in one that's on it's own, none above it. We were very near to the beach / zero entry. I'll see if I can find it anywhere in my holiday diaries.

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Oh goodness, we were ground level in one that's on it's own, none above it. We were very near to the beach / zero entry. I'll see if I can find it anywhere in my holiday diaries.
Thanks… we have booked a single cabana too so not upper / lower.

Hoping to be in the kids area lol as our 4 year old will spend all his time there!

However I know there is another single near a beach are with small pool / play area and by the slides that drop you into the water from 6/10 feet. Would be happy with this one too…

Edited at 09:03 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Hoping to be in the kids area lol as our 4 year old will spend all his time there!

However I know there is another single near a beach are with small pool / play area and by the slides that drop you into the water from 6/10 feet. Would be happy with this one too…
Fingers crossed you get the one you want, we really loved it, you won't want to go to a water park again without one, that's the only problem!

Old 21 Jan 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13

Opposite requirements for our party of all adults.
Seems odd why you can't book the exact cabana you want on a first come first served basis 🤷. For the money paid I don't think it's too much to ask !
Wish they allowed online bookings too really would make things simpler.
Fingers crossed we Cabana bookers all end up in suitable areas 🤞
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List