Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Split Stay at which 2 WDW Resorts, which 2 ?

hello all,
I am hoping to take a trip to WDW next year with my partner I am 50 he is 47...

I have been once when my children were with me in 2013 and had the luxury of saratoga Springs for 6 nights with free DDP booked direct with Disney- cost wise it was not much more than Port Orleans at that time... those were the days I hear some of you say...Although it was lovely I would like to try alternatives.
I have been looking at the idea of renting DVC points through Davids or similar as & I note for some of the resorts the cost is equivalent to the price of the mods ! So I would consider this in spite of the current situation.

We would like a split stay to optimise on the experience-I have a leaning towards Animal kingdom Jambo House ,but really not sure where else, other than to say that although some of the values look good , not having children now, I'd be unlikely to consider. we won't be driving so will be looking at free transport or uber type options.
Which 2 resorts would you pick and why ?
Grateful for any points of view . Thanks

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We've done split stays with DVC quite a few times, and if I can, I usually try to do a split stay between a monorail/MK resort and a Crescent Lake resort. Points wise, to keep it as affordable as possible, Bay Lake Tower and Boardwalk work out the cheapest. We've also stayed at Beach Club, the Poly, and Wilderness Lodge; they all had their amazing plus points though but Boardwalk and Bay Lake generally cost a little less.

Depending on how far out you book, some of the resorts are hard to get. We've also stayed at Jambo House and Old Key West, and we actually LOVED both of these, despite them not being in walking distance of a park.

My dream split stay right now would be 6 nights Bay Lake, 2 nights ALK Jambo House, and 6 nights Beach Club. Best of all worlds haha!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

As nothingless says, you can't beat the split of Bay Lake and Boardwalk for park access.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I agree with the above, even though I don't personally like Crescent Lake. But for the majority, it's the perfect split for location.

If I was choosing any two onsite properties, it would be a CSR and WL split. For DVC, I think I'd go with Poly and SSR. I like their refurbs, plus the SSR location is good if I was planning a lot of DS meals. I'd happily swap out Poly for Copper Creek to cut down the points though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We’re doing a split stay this year. My kids want to do AKL so we are staying at jambo house and also doing 5 night at the grand Floridian. Next time I’d like to do Bay lake and the boardwalk but feel like we need to stay at AKV whilst the kids are fairly young.
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
We've done split stays with DVC quite a few times, and if I can, I usually try to do a split stay between a monorail/MK resort and a Crescent Lake resort. Points wise, to keep it as affordable as possible, Bay Lake Tower and Boardwalk work out the cheapest. We've also stayed at Beach Club, the Poly, and Wilderness Lodge; they all had their amazing plus points though but Boardwalk and Bay Lake generally cost a little less.

Depending on how far out you book, some of the resorts are hard to get. We've also stayed at Jambo House and Old Key West, and we actually LOVED both of these, despite them not being in walking distance of a park.

My dream split stay right now would be 6 nights Bay Lake, 2 nights ALK Jambo House, and 6 nights Beach Club. Best of all worlds haha!
Brilliant ! A triple dream split stay ! I like your style... Its makes the decision making easier !
Funnily enough I looked at OKW this morning on all ears and I quite liked it- I loved the feel of Boardwalk in 2013-we went for a walk through but OH ( who was not around then) says it does not appeal I take your point about some being hard to get so I guess it makes sense not to become to fixed on one place.
I need to check out the more modern options too- you mentioned Bay Lake Tower which I have not considered until now !
Thanks
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
As nothingless says, you can't beat the split of Bay Lake and Boardwalk for park access.
Oooh ! More votes for Bay Lake Tower and Boardwalk. I must say ease of access is hugely valuable and worth factoring into the equation.
Thanks
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I agree with the above, even though I don't personally like Crescent Lake. But for the majority, it's the perfect split for location.

If I was choosing any two onsite properties, it would be a CSR and WL split. For DVC, I think I'd go with Poly and SSR. I like their refurbs, plus the SSR location is good if I was planning a lot of DS meals. I'd happily swap out Poly for Copper Creek to cut down the points though.
Mmmm...yes originally when I was looking at options in booking direct with Disney last year CSR was top of my list , the theming , the great dining options really appeal
I hear the SSR room refers are great and we enjoyed proximity to DS.
I have to say though Wilderness Lodge theming is prob my fave so CCV would appeal . I loved the Poly - we went to O'hanas and had a great meal on our 2013 trip. The drawback is these seem to be quite expensive money/points wise.
I suppose I can do less of one and more of another.Also a part direct WDW booking and part DVC is an option.

Clearly the problem I'm going to have is making a decision as so many appeal !
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
We’re doing a split stay this year. My kids want to do AKL so we are staying at jambo house and also doing 5 night at the grand Floridian. Next time I’d like to do Bay lake and the boardwalk but feel like we need to stay at AKV whilst the kids are fairly young.
Wow ! your trip sounds great
I was watching a vlog with Grand Floridian earlier and I must say I can now see the appeal- previously it looked too pristine and clean for me, covered in cat hairs ...
I particularly liked the guy playing the piano in the lobby, who's bean there for 20 odd years playing the disney tunes and my oH would love the penguin fountain...
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have in the past done
Boardwalk and AKL
Boardwalk BLT
Next trip Boardwalk and SSR in a Treehouse.

So far would vote Boardwalk and BLT if it’s for park access. Walking back from Magic Kingdom rather than having to wait for a bus late at night is great.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List