Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Universal annual pass questions

We will be doing a 5 week trip in July next year so thought it would be worth getting annual passes for universal. Me , hubby and 17 year old daughter.

I am overthinking this 😕 and kind of need someone to guide me 🙄😭.

We aren't fussed for volcano bay as the extra costs aren't worth it for us as a family.

What level of pass do we need ? I was thinking 2 of the power passes and 1 preferred, does this sound ok? We'd then get free parking?

We will stay overnight in a hotel so we can get 2 days express passes, we do this with friends who may or may not have annual passes, but I can not for the life of me get hotel rates using annual passes! Is there a better time of day/ year to check? Are these prices released in 1 go or released a few at a time?

Any other tips or money saving ways would be great.

Thank you
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Volcano bay is blocked out for power in July I think so as long as you definitely don’t want that those passes will be fine.

August ap rates aren’t out yet, they only just released into March last week.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Volcano bay is blocked out for power in July I think so as long as you definitely don’t want that those passes will be fine.

August ap rates aren’t out yet, they only just released into March last week.
Thank you. Yes, volcano bay is ruled out.
When you say Aug rates aren't out yet, do you mean for hotels or to buy the actual passes? It's 2nd /3rd July we're going.

Thanks again
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
Thank you. Yes, volcano bay is ruled out.
When you say Aug rates aren't out yet, do you mean for hotels or to buy the actual passes? It's 2nd /3rd July we're going.

Thanks again
Sorry I said august as that’s when I’m checking for 😂

The ap rates aren’t out that far yet.

You can purchase your passes anytime and hotel bookings are open through next year.

They used to release ap hotel rates about 3 months before but were very late with the latest release as that took it past 17th Feb.

We book the hotel first, because we stay for longer, then keep checking to ap rates. If cheaper we’d cancel and rebook.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Sorry I said august as that’s when I’m checking for 😂

The ap rates aren’t out that far yet.

You can purchase your passes anytime and hotel bookings are open through next year.

They used to release ap hotel rates about 3 months before but were very late with the latest release as that took it past 17th Feb.

We book the hotel first, because we stay for longer, then keep checking to ap rates. If cheaper we’d cancel and rebook.
Great idea about booking hotel first then checking once Ap prices for hotel are released. Just to confirm, its usually around 3 months before that they release those prices?

I'm going to hold off buying our annual passes a while to see if they do any black Friday offers or any other sales.

Thank you
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Great idea about booking hotel first then checking once Ap prices for hotel are released. Just to confirm, its usually around 3 months before that they release those prices?

I'm going to hold off buying our annual passes a while to see if they do any black Friday offers or any other sales.

Thank you
Yes it was usually 3 months.

You don’t need to have the ap until you check into the hotel, so can book the ap rate before buying passes.
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes it was usually 3 months.

You don’t need to have the ap until you check into the hotel, so can book the ap rate before buying passes.
Thank you for your help ☺️
Old 23 Jan 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for your help ☺️
You’re very welcome.

Remember if you’ll be visiting again they do an offer a couple of times a year where you get 3 months extra in the passes. Very useful if you’re planning another trip in those passes.
Old 23 Jan 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleMiss36
Excited about Disney

You’re very welcome.

Remember if you’ll be visiting again they do an offer a couple of times a year where you get 3 months extra in the passes. Very useful if you’re planning another trip in those passes.
I'm hoping to get these as we're going August 22 and 23. I check the universal website once a week but nothing as yet. Do you have any idea when they normally do these offers? I can literally wait until last minute in August if need be.

87 - 89 - 93 - All @ Gateway Inn, Kirkman Rd. 97 - Holiday Inn Express, IDrive. 99 - Econolodge, Kissimmee. 00 - Quality Inn, IDrive. 01 - Villa, Windwood Cay. 07 - Villa, Indian point. 13 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 17 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 22 - NY/Washington DC/Sapphire falls. 23 - POFQ/Formosa Gdns/Marco Island. 24 - Dockside I&S
LittleMiss36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LittleMiss36 View Post
I'm hoping to get these as we're going August 22 and 23. I check the universal website once a week but nothing as yet. Do you have any idea when they normally do these offers? I can literally wait until last minute in August if need be.
I got mine with 3 months free on 7/3/21. It was on for about a month from what I remember. Activated them in November.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List