Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Trip of firsts QSDP + A few offsite eats Feb 2020 -LIVE **COMPLETE**

Hello

As I’m currently held up in our room at POR with a poorly toddler ( only so much puppy dog pals I can manage) I thought I’d make a start a posting what food pics we’ve taken so far.

We flew BA to Tampa (a first for us as we’re Manchester based, flights were too cheap to ignore) we’re staying at POR with QSDP. We upgraded our 3 year old to an adult ticket to give more variety of good for her - more on this later.

There’s me, Corrine 36, Stu 41, Ellie, my niece turns 21 next week, my 14 year old son and my 3 year old daughter. This is our 5th trip to WDW but my nieces first time. I was a little apprehensive of being on the QS plan as we’re so used to DDP but knew the flexibility will suit us.

Travel Day
We ate at Weatherspoons in Gatwick airport South terminal food was ok (the gin the better!)

We all had the traditional breakfast I think this was around £12.55?
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*

Edited at 10:17 AM.
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
This was our first time flying with BA, they’re very similar to Virgin and if I’m honest I think I preferred the food BA provided. Although Virgin service is a little better.

First up we’re drinks and pretzels. This is the only drink service offered aside from the tea/coffee and you’re given wine for your meal which came about 45/60 minutes later

First came the children’s meal which was mixed veg, mash and chicken nuggets. A chocolate brownie, raisins, hummus, bread and cheese/crackers. It was ok, the mash was super salty for a children’s meal. She ate the nuggets, raisins and cheese and had a ham sandwich we brought with us.

Our meal was a choice between cauliflower, macaroni cheese and chicken and veg. We all opted for chicken, it was served with cabbage mash ( I think?) It was actually nice - well as nice as plane food goes. It was served with a cheese salad, bread roll, cheese, crackers and chutney and Black Forest chocolate pot.

Next came mini magnums yum!

Then about 90 minutes before we landed they brought sandwiches round

The children’s meal was 3 sandwich fingers, Jam, cheese & chicken. This came with milky buttons, raisins and apple slices.

Our sandwich was coronation chicken and an chocolate orange flapjack

The flight was ok aside from a lot of turbulence but I’d definitely fly BA again. The only downside was Tampa immigration was around 45 minutes and a huge crash on the interstate meant it was gone 9pm before we made it to riverside. Then it took almost an hour to check in. The wait at riverside to check in was the longest I have ever experienced with any resort I’ve ever stayed out. They only have one queue for check in and queries.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
First Day
We went to ihop for breakfast (no pic sorry) we always get the combo I had cinnamon churro pancakes, amazing! My daughter was playing with the little cups of coffee creamer and squished one. It went everywhere... and I mean absolutely everywhere.

Lunch we made an adr for BOG. We pre ordered the french dip for everyone and a macaroni children’s meal for my daughter. When we arrive and went to pay we were told we cannot redeem a child’s meal in an adult QS so we had to pay OOP. Not an issue, we were fine with this. I had my first schöfferhofer of the trip. I LOVE this stuff.

I could only manage half as I was still so full from breakfast, it was a bit of a planning fail on my side. I should’ve made the reservation for later but as we’d slept in from the mega travel day we ate breakfast later than planned.

Dinner was a publix sub, we nipped to get supplies and ate in the room as we were so tired. I did stock up on my other favourite drink snapple

It is so hot here at the moment I wasn’t expecting it to be this warm at this time of year.

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 2 - Hollywood studios

First stop was a secret identity slush from the incredible area. This is frozen coca cola, cotton candy and popping candy, really nice and is a snack credit item.

Another stop at Rosies All American Cafe for onion straws - another snack credit

We were planning to eat at Andy’s lunch box but it’s near impossible to get anywhere to sit/stand to eat. So we mobile ordered from backlot Express.
We had Cuban chicken sandwich, backlot burger and a chicken avacado salad. I didn’t order a meal for my daughter on the mobile app i orders her meal when we arrived, tried to use a adult QS for her children’s meal but they refused. She had a uncrustables which was $7.45

Cuban chicken sandwich

Backlot burger

Salad

All were really nice. I’m not a fan of burgers, so always opt for a salad if there is one, this was lovely and fresh.

Dinner was at Blaze pizza - complete fail as we have no pictures. We ordered a plain margarita, pepperoni, BBQ chicken and a hot link ( minus the olives) we ado ordered dough knots. When we went to collect the pizzas they tried giving me 6 in total, even though I’d only ordered and had been charged for 4. I insisted and shown my receipt stating 4 but they weren’t having it so we ended up with a veg out and another pepperoni. Safe to to say the didn’t get eaten, we gave the additional pepperoni to a cheer group on the next table.

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

We started the day with fruit loops in the room.

My toddler really wanted the simba popcorn bucket which we managed to get from a popcorn cart near Everest.

We also grabbed a Mickey bar and an Olaf lolly as it was so hot

Next up was the Night Blossom and pongu lumpia- I love this.

Flame tree BBQ for lunch
We had smoked pulled pork sandwich (x3)

Smokehouse chicken salad

We also had french fries with pulled pork and cheese and onion rings

Food as always here was really nice. No children’s meal as she shared with us.
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Dinner was at Chicken Guy. We were served by a really lovely girl called Ruby. She explained the QS entitlements to us and went through all the sauces with us. You know when someone is genuinely in to customer service and wants you to enjoy your experience that was her, what a credit she is to that restaurant!

We all had chicken tender combos except Stu, he had a chicken sandwich. I told Ruby just to select any of the sauces and she sent out every single sauce for us to try. We were also told we couldn't redeem a child’s meal on an adult credit here but Our server put it through as an adult option.

We also ordered loaded fries

If I’m honest, I didn’t get the hype over this. I thought it was just ok even with the sauces. I wasn’t over keen on the flavourings on the fries and the chicken.
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Great start! Nice to see those salads as an option, and the loaded fries at chicken guy. My son has earmarked the frozen coke with toppings now!

Hope your poorly toddler recovers soon and you manage to get out and about again.

Interested to see how you get on having upgraded the child plan to adult. I am still undecided about this for our 7 year old. A pain you can’t get a child’s meal but pay with adult credit- cheaper for them surely?!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Some great food so far. I don’t understand why you are having problems with the child’s meals I’m sure I have been able to get them on previous trips from what I remember
Have they changed the rules?
Hope your little one is feeling better. I look forward to following the rest of your trip
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Following on with great interest. Nice start ... enjoy the rest of your holiday
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Good start. I assumed you had upgraded your child's meal to an adult's because you were going to order her an adults meal, I was surprised when I read you had ordered her a child's meal. Looking forward to the next installment.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List