Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Sep 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
trrence
Helping Mickey

Are Disney Queue Times Real or Engineered?

We are just back from the USA and spent 10 days at Disneyworld before moving on. We are quite experienced in Disney parks and how they work as we have been going since 1989.

I actually find it quite strange to be saying this, but there was no way we could reconcile the number of vehicles in the car parks, the amount of people in the parks, or how quiet the buses were generally, with the extremely long wait times at attractions.

It almost seemed as if the queues were being kept long artificially. For example over the first 3 days we visited Epcot, Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios. Of the first 11 attractions we tried to ride, 7 out of the 11 were either closed for 'technical difficulties' or were operating at reduced capacity. For example - Tower of Terror & Thunder Mountain were only running one side at Midday (as was Space Mountain when we eventually got there), Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh rides were very regularly sending 3rd or 4th vehicles out empty. Soaring, Spaceship Earth, Figment, Frozen, all had problems that closed them at either the start or end of the day. The new Rat ride was constantly breaking down and Test Track had quite a few down times as well.

I know all about the closures for weather but the ones I mention were not 'inclement weather' related.

I am sure that some will now tell me I am jumping on a conspiracy theory bandwagon, but after 33 years of visiting Disney I feel entitled to my opinion and my gut feeling is that the 60 minute to 90 minute queues were not necessary, even taking the Lightning Lane debacle into account.

Is this just me or have others formed the same opinion?

Edited at 08:53 AM.
trrence is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List