Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Aug 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Did anyone see any information about amending bookings if flight times or dates change? I assume it would be fine to do but couldn't see anything on the site.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
How much would an uber/lyft usually cost?
Need to balance up $$s v convenience as a solo traveller ( plus the fact I may be starting or ending my trip at Universal)🤔
Around $30 each way usually for a standard Uber but depending how busy it is they may be surcharging so it can be a lot more.

Families would require multiple Ubers or an Uber XL but the cost for those would obviously be more
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for posting, I’ll look properly once we have flights.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

That’s great news. Are they actually using the old Disney buses?
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by saint rob View Post
That’s great news. Are they actually using the old Disney buses?
Pretty sure they were Mears owned buses with Disney wraps on them since Mears ran MDE on Disney's behalf, so I wouldn't be surprised. Although they will be rewrapped to the standard Mears branding. But it says a mix of smaller vans plus buses, depending on demand.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Pretty sure they were Mears owned buses with Disney wraps on them since Mears ran MDE on Disney's behalf, so I wouldn't be surprised. Although they will be rewrapped to the standard Mears branding. But it says a mix of smaller vans plus buses, depending on demand.
I suspect it’s exactly the same bus! Put simply what was free is now going to cost a family of 4 about £200 return.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
I suspect it’s exactly the same bus! Put simply what was free is now going to cost a family of 4 about £200 return.
It's not that expensive for the DME style buses, it's the premium service that costs that much. Still more than free though.

For a family of 4, I would use Uber. Typically around $35 if you can fit in a standard car, $50 if you have a lot of luggage and need an XL. Although in peak periods when surge pricing is in place, the bus would be $64 and could be the cheaper option.

Note my prices are single trip rather than return.
Old 6 Aug 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
It’ll cost about £100 return for a family of 4.

Yes, it does mean it’ll cost more, but considering an onsite stay will cost thousands then an extra £100 isn’t a huge amount extra to pay in comparison.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I'd be asking if it's multiple drop offs and how often they depart if coach not filling up.
Disney did multiple drop offs but had discretion when leaving with an empty coach.
It's an Uber or Lyft for us if no hire car.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I'd be asking if it's multiple drop offs and how often they depart if coach not filling up.
Disney did multiple drop offs but had discretion when leaving with an empty coach.
It's an Uber or Lyft for us if no hire car.
They're promising "limited stops" and a wait of no more than 20 minutes from when you arrive at the airport reception area. I've definitely waited longer than that for DME. And because they'll have full access to their fleet now and not just the DME branded buses, I suspect they'll just use the smaller vehicles if you're arriving in a low demand period. So they won't take as long to fill up.

I'm pleased by the service, especially since they're running to the partner hotels as well. But it financially works for me as a solo traveller, since it's half the price of an Uber.