Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Nov 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Really loved reading all about your time in Miami. We spent a few days there in 2019 and would love to go back and explore some more.

Thanks for taking us on your trip with you - looking forward to more!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have just looked for Ice and Spicy on TikTok… I think I got diabetes just by looking at their creations!
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That Cuban sandwich looks delicious.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Looks like yous having a great time. We loved miami also and wished we had stayed longer. Enjoy ur next adventure 😀
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
After our bike ride, we headed to catch our Duck Tour which I’d booked at a discount via groupon. We checked in but were about 30 mins early so we decided to stop by a nearby McDonalds for a McGriddle which is part of their USA breakfast range. We chose a sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle meal including hash brown and a Diet Coke.

We love McGriddles. It’s basically like a sweet McMuffin as the griddles are like little pancakes with a maple syrup flavour. They’re really good!

This was $7.41 for the meal.

We then went on the Duck Tour which was fab! I would really recommend doing this if you’re staying on Miami Beach. It’s a 90 minute tour on a vehicle which doubles as a bus and a boat. The tour guide was great and gave us lots of cool facts and then when you go on the water you see a lot of very expensive mansions and yachts of different famous people.

After the tour, we headed for Benh Mi. This is a pretty new quick service place just off Espanola Way. They do an array of different hot sandwiches plus loaded fries and chicken buckets.

To drink, we both got the Yuzu Lemonade. It came in a bag that you could carry around which was different and it was really tasty.

To eat, we ordered the xtra crunchy chicken tender bucket which came with seasoned waffle fries and one dip choice from Yuzu Kosho Ranch, Roasted Banana Ketchup or Tamarind BBQ. The lovely man working there however gave us all three to try which was great.

We also ordered the loaded street fries with Umami Mayo, Tamarind BBQ, Scallions and BBQ Short Rib.

All of this was amazing - really, really good. The chicken was super crunchy and was seasoned so well, the waffle fries were perfect and all of the sources were so different to anything we’d had before! I’m so glad they let us try them all. The loaded fries were also great and the short rib was so tender. Yum! You have to try this place if you’re on Miami Beach. It’s in a great location and the total came to just over $40. We gave them a 15% tip too even though it was quick service as it was just so good and they’re clearly a new business who really care about what they do.

From there, we walked up Lincoln Road and did a bit of shopping. We ended up buying a Britto Mickey Mouse statue as we’d seen Britto in so many places and felt like it was the right souvenir to get! I also went to Pandora and bought a Harry Potter charm in preparation for next week

While we waited for the trolley back to the hotel, we stopped by Haagen Dazs and ordered a wildberry smoothie.

This was really nice however we’d failed to look at the price before ordering and it cost $11. Most expensive smoothie ever!

On the way back, we decided to stop by the Eden Roc and Fontainebleau hotels for a quick look around. We’d actually booked the Eden Roc for this trip until a few weeks ago when I decided to change to the Cadillac as we could get a much better room for the same cost (and the location is slightly better for us too, being closer to south beach). Both hotels looked lovely and the Fontainebleau particularly was so grand!

A great day so far. Off to the pool and jacuzzi for a bit now
Love a McGriddle, they should definitely be in the UK
Glad you loved the duck tour 😍

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

The ice cream looks good. Loved your report in Miami, looking forward to your next chapter in Fort Lauderdale.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
More amazing food and drinks 🍹
Happy thanksgiving 🦃
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
You seem to have had a really lovely time, great room and views, drinks and food 🥰
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Some really amazing looking food
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Really loved reading all about your time in Miami. We spent a few days there in 2019 and would love to go back and explore some more.

Thanks for taking us on your trip with you - looking forward to more!
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
I have just looked for Ice and Spicy on TikTok… I think I got diabetes just by looking at their creations!
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That Cuban sandwich looks delicious.
Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Looks like yous having a great time. We loved miami also and wished we had stayed longer. Enjoy ur next adventure 😀
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Love a McGriddle, they should definitely be in the UK
Glad you loved the duck tour 😍
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
The ice cream looks good. Loved your report in Miami, looking forward to your next chapter in Fort Lauderdale.
Thank you everyone

This morning we had the last of the pizza on the balcony as the sun came up:

And went for a last walk around the beach and dip in the jacuzzi before checking out:

We then got an Uber to The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It cost $45 plus tip so not a bad way of getting between the two places.

Check in was amazing! The staff were super friendly and when they saw our British passports they couldn’t believe it. I think we must have been the first Brits back at the hotel or at least the first that our receptionist had checked in. She was super excited about it, upgraded us to an ocean front room and gave us free drinks and a dessert for during our meal tonight!

We headed to our room and wow… it’s beautiful. A french balcony this time with ocean and pool view (the pool is busy today but I’ll try and snap a photo when it’s quiet).

We also had some lunch at a lovely riverside restaurant but we’re running a bit late for our dinner reservation now so I’ll write it all up later!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Once we had settled in, we decided to walk up Las Olas. On our way, we walked past some amazing houses and the Venetian water ways:

A lot of places were closed due to thanksgiving however the Boathouse at Riverside was open and had a walk up wait of 30 minutes so we put our names down. This was a lovely setting right on one of the water ways and when we were called, we were happy to be given a table on the deck right next to the water.

W ordered a corona while I stuck to the complimentary water.

To eat, we knew we were having a big dinner later on and so we just wanted to share some appetisers. We decided on the gator tacos, sautéed shrimp, honey sprouts and garlic Parmesan fingerling potatoes with truffle oil.

Gator tacos

Sautéed shrimp

Honey sprouts

Garlic Parmesan fingerling potatoes with truffle oil

All of this was amazing. The sprouts were so good; I’m not sure how they do sprouts so good in the USA compared to how they’re done at home. The ones in the Polite Pig introduced me to how good they are, but these ones today were also really good! The prawns were also really tasty as the sauce included paprika and garlic. The gator tacos were something different and great to try! The potatoes were also really good but less ‘different’ than the rest of the dishes. A really good meal!

The bill was as follows, plus tip:

We then got an Uber back to the hotel and went to the beach/pool for a while before getting ready for our dinner reservation at Lona. This is the best rated restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and happens to be based in our hotel!

To drink, we had a voucher for a free margarita for signing up to their newsletter, so that’s what W got. He really liked it but said it was strong!

I didn’t fancy any of the drinks on the menu as they were largely tequila based, but the server recommended their rum punch which wasn’t on the menu so I went for that. This was great!

They also give you free chips and salsa.

To start, we then shared the Queso Fundido with chorizo. Wow, this was amazing and the cheese pull was out of this world!

For our main course, we both went for Lona’s famous Lobster Quesadillas. These were soooo good as was the accompanying sauce.

When we checked in, they gave us two free drinks and a dessert to use in the hotel too. We therefore ordered a Tres Leches cake for dessert and W had another Margarita and I had a Rum with Orange Juice.

The dessert wasn’t really my thing but W really liked it! It was basically a sweet cake soaked in milk with fruit.

Overall this meal was amazing. After they took off 2 x margaritas, my rum and orange juice, and the dessert, the total was under $80. We however tipped on the total before discounts and so paid $100. We thought this was so reasonable for what we had and we were so pleased with the savings we made with all the vouchers/discounts!

We then went for a walk down the beach where there are lots of bars playing live music. We took some photos of the different Christmas decorations and other attractions.

After a long walk, W then spotted a Ben and Jerry’s shop and had to get one! He ordered a small phish food topped with caramel sauce. When you ask for sauce, they put the small cup into a full Ben and Jerry’s cup so it looked huge but actually wasn’t as deep as it looks

This was really good and the caramel definitely added something to the normal phish food!

A great time in Fort Lauderdale so far. Tomorrow we are going on the water taxi around Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale

Edited at 03:16 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have just sat here and read the whole thing, which was a terrible idea as I am on a strict diet due to an upcoming surgery, but honestly, it has been worth tormenting myself over these pictures! Just fabulous! Looking forward to more!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wow another absolutely amazing view ❤️

Those honey sprouts look magnificent, nothing like the mush of my childhood which put me off sprouts for years 😂

Lovely to see all the Britto art, they have the little stitches on Amazon if you are still looking for one when you get home.