Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Nov 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As Tom, I will certainly criticise DVC/ Disney where I feel it justified, but on this subject I concur.

Remember they gave people developer points that they owned.

Now I’m not convinced it was all charitable- they got the expired points, possibly when the only resorts open were DVC- and thus could rent them (cash sales) for breakage, so maybe some payback was due, but I’m not sure if they could rent all of them.

But they did at least do something.
Old 14 Nov 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
So disappointed with dvc they just seem to have lost their sparkle….
I’ve read so many stories about people from the UK losing their points. The dues haven’t really changed even though the resorts were closed for a substantial period of time.
We had planned to make a booking via Disney destinations with our many points only to find that the short break we planned which is outside of school holidays and not near an American holiday isn’t available. It would seem the inventory includes all odd days with virtually no Saturdays… absolutely no use what so ever, the points charts don’t reflect this either which I think is quite deceiving.
We made the dvc purchase with the illusion of being about to stay at our home resort with some flex on other locations that we were also interested to travel to. Each time there has been some problem and we have been so flexible it’s untrue….
Rant over just giving other members a heads up and perhaps others will have a better experience than our own
Hi, I don’t know if you still have the points you refer to, but have you thought about exchanging into RCI? We put 30 expiring points in there earlier this year with a view to adding more once we decide how we want to use them and a few years ago, we had a lovely week in Gran Canaria using our points.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CheshireCaty View Post
Hi, I don’t know if you still have the points you refer to, but have you thought about exchanging into RCI? We put 30 expiring points in there earlier this year with a view to adding more once we decide how we want to use them and a few years ago, we had a lovely week in Gran Canaria using our points.
Which resort did you book in GC?
Old 15 Nov 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
We made the dvc purchase with the illusion of being about to stay at our home resort with some flex on other locations that we were also interested to travel to. Each time there has been some problem and we have been so flexible it’s untrue….
Have you had difficulty booking your home resort 7 to 11 months in advance? If so, what resort do you own and what size room and dates are you trying to secure?

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Which resort did you book in GC?
Anfi Beach Club
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Haven't had a bad experience personally, in fact they've been pretty good with us thus far. But everyone's individual experience is valid and different.

Disney Cruise Line on the other hand... Shocking. Treated us absolutely terribly about an issue post-cruise. But I won't go into that here... I feel like I probably won't book with them again, and I'm sure there are people that might feel the same about DVC. I'm just not one of them.
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CheshireCaty View Post
I put 70 points into RCL from our March 20 trip which were banked points which would have expired ( before Disney started extending points) but every time I look at RCL There is no availability - what am I doing wrong 😑?
Old 22 Dec 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Westhamtillidie
Earning More Ears

Just rent your points.

In the current climate we have decided to rent out our points, with the forever changing travel rules & regs it's to much of a hastle to even think about travelling abroad. We recently had a week in Spain & the stress of getting out & returning to the UK wasn't worth taking the holiday in the 1st place, don't get me wrong I would much sooner book a nice 18 day break to USA but just not in the current climate.We have found a great rental company who book all trips for us so no long waits on the phone to DVC, we get 70% payment as soon as a trip is booked & the following 30% when the customers check in.
Westhamtillidie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List