Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Husbands booking collinson at the airport as we speak. If they don't like a Boots one, they might not like a little independent chemist doing one. I'll just have to beg to leave work early.

And my middle name isn't on my booking where it is on my passport. So sick of all the stress.
I am flying with VS and as such using collinson at the airport - I know they are accepted by Virgin and like you want to reduce stress
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I am flying with VS and as such using collinson at the airport - I know they are accepted by Virgin and like you want to reduce stress
Booked and middle name added to booking.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

Ive booked a Boots test for Mon 29th as Im flying out Thur 2nd is this right? I know this has been asked a million times but I just don’t want to mess this trip up as it has been moved so many times!
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
I used the boots antigen test and we are currently in Florida! We flew British airways
Thanks for this. We have the Boots test booked for Sunday and we are flying British Airways. I’ll upload it to Verifly so if it gets accepted then I’ll know we are ok. Worst case scenario we’ll go to Express Test in the terminal on arrival, I guess 🤷🏻
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hollysmum View Post
Ive booked a Boots test for Mon 29th as Im flying out Thur 2nd is this right? I know this has been asked a million times but I just don’t want to mess this trip up as it has been moved so many times!
Yes
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hollysmum View Post
Are you flying from Manchester?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Are you flying from Manchester?
Nope Im flying from Heathrow xx
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

So with the appointments opening a day at a time on the booking website for Boots, tomorrow will be my antigen test booking day (not quite as exciting as ADR day) .

However, having checked for the few days before we fly at our local boots, the appointments are all gone. I don’t think it helps that they’re not offering these tests at many Boots stores. We live in Milton Keynes and there are only a couple of other Boots stores within 25 miles offering the tests (Biggleswade and Oxford) so with the slots now opening up for the Christmas holidays, availability is scarce. There is nothing for 17th and 18th in MK despite the appointments only being available for the last one / two days. I guess people from Bucks, Beds, Herts and Northants are all coming to MK for their tests!

It’s annoying that I spent ages registering us all for the Boots tests with photo ID and credit cards and you have to do all that before you can check availability, which is only added just over a month out.

I’m going to try for local Boots tests first thing tomorrow but I’m not confident of getting four appointments on the Sunday before Christmas.

If I can’t get anything with Boots here I’m going to try Express Test drive thru in Northampton which is linked on the BA website and I know if nothing else there’s loads of availability at Heathrow (Collinson or Randox) on 19th December (our three days before travel) or I’m sure I can get something at Luton Airport that day although can’t see any Dibbers experiences at Luton from doing a quick search.

I really want in person tests rather than home tests as I just think it will be less stressful for us, and I really want to do them on 19th so we can then relax so it’ll be the most convenient place that day that we go with.

Just wanted to give everyone planning a Boots test a heads up that the availability may not be there for the Christmas holidays with I guess increased demand and a limited number of stores offering the tests.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Good tip book after 12 tonight, I booked mine on sat, for some reason I couldn’t sleep so about 1am I checked and they were already loaded for the following day. I had my alarm set to remind me
In the morning to book. That’s prob why I couldn’t sleep.
tinkerella123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Good tip book after 12 tonight, I booked mine on sat, for some reason I couldn’t sleep so about 1am I checked and they were already loaded for the following day. I had my alarm set to remind me
In the morning to book. That’s prob why I couldn’t sleep.
That’s great thank you. Glad to hear you got yours and yes not surprised you couldn’t sleep 😬.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List