Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Virgin Flying Club - New benefits announced

I've just had this drop in my inbox -

As borders continue to reopen and travel returns, we wanted bring you up to date on some news and enhancements that'll make Flying Club even more valuable for you. Dive back into travel with us, and open up a wonderful world of rewards.
Supercharge your status
As travel continues to ramp up, we’re making it easier to move up through the Flying Club membership tiers.

From April next year it will take just 300 Tier Points instead of 400 to upgrade from Red to Silver status – and lots of added perks. You could earn those with three return flights in Economy* over a year. Or treat yourself to two flights in Upper Class** and glide straight to Gold status for 800 points instead of the usual 1000.

This reduction will remain in place for 12 months from 1st April 2022, so you have plenty of time to upgrade your membership.
Holidays are even more rewarding
With every Virgin Holidays booking made from 9th November 2021, you’ll earn 20 Tier Points for every £500 you spend on a well-deserved getaway - up to a maximum of 400 Tier Points. That’s on top of the ones you earn with your flight.

You’ll also earn more Virgin Points. We’re doubling the earn rate from one Virgin Point to two for every £1 spent on your holiday, meaning you can reach rewards faster.
Rewards for the whole family
Once you’ve collected enough Tier Points to reach Silver status you’ll now be able to pool your Virgin Points with up to nine other members in your household, so you can reach that next reward flight even faster.

We really hope you’ll enjoy these enhancements as you look forward to your next flight with us. See you soon!

flywith.virginatlantic/g...&bid=401662693
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Dr JJ. That's good news as it means we will just scrape in our renewal to Silver as we are UC out and PE back in late March.

All our other flights are with BA at least until October 2022.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are having our first flight with virgin in June nd are red tier at the moment. We have booked 3 UC flights and also hope to go to NYC next year which will be 2 UC. Do the tier points go to the lead passenger or individuals? If it is separately this will mean the me & our Daughter will be gold and my Husband will only be silver?

Thanks to anyone who knows as this is all new to me

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Do the tier points go to the lead passenger or individuals? If it is separately this will mean the me & our Daughter will be gold and my Husband will only be silver?

Thanks to anyone who knows as this is all new to me
Each passenger earns their own points (miles) and tier points when they fly.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Updates to Virgin flying club

Virgin Atlantic has announced a flurry of improvements to Virgin Flying Club this morning.

In summary:

* Silver threshold permanently cut to 300 points

* Gold threshold permanently cut to 800 points

* One tier point earned for every £25 spent on Virgin Holidays

* Increased level of Virgin Points earned when booking at Virgin Holidays

* Silver members can now have a household account

* Silver members will finally get their one-off Clubhouse passes
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At last something in our favour. In addition mine says that you can gift any credit card rewards, flying club companion flights or upgrade vouchers to another member.
I’m gold so not sure if that applies to everyone but it’s another big improvement
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
No use doing that for me and anyone north of Birmingham, if they continue to drop flights from MAN.
I’m very disillusioned with VA right now

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List