Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Dec 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Andys 56th birthday trip. TRIP COMPLETE

Hi all
Thought I would post a few pics of our trip so far as I’ve got a bit of time while Andy’s golfing.
We flew out on Tuesday on BA business. It was our first time with BA (and last I think) as we had a very grumpy stewardess!

I got this photo of Andys hotpot but forgot my pasta. Anyway it was dried out and disappointing!
Andy asked for a second drink 3 hours into the flight and she snapped at him, saying he had already had 2, when in fact she had forgotten his refill. We didn’t dare ask again after that.

We arrived at our first night hotel which was the new swan reserve. Andy went to get the file out of his bag with all our paperwork, COVID stuff, vouchers, travel insurance, birthday cards, car hire voucher etc etc only to discover he had lost it somewhere in the airport. I was just so stressed. Not a great day but the hotel and staff were so nice.
Day 2
I had made an early reservation at ale and compass and we were there at 7am very hungry.

Andy had fish tacos and I had blueberry pancakes. We both felt better then and decided to forget about all our lost property!
We collected the car and nipped to the springs to try and sort our lost $150 vouchers for raglan road that I’d bought during first lockdown. The manager was very helpful and made a note on our booking which is for andys birthday on 15th.
Nighttime was a first for us as we were staying at boardwalk villas I had booked the trattoria there. This was a lovely meal. We had calamari to start then pepperoni pizza and shrimp pasta.
dibb.co.uk/postImages/87820/f7d8f0dbe6112e.jpg" alt="" />

And I had a negroni

We will definitely come here again. It was really nice.
Day 3

We headed into magic kingdom to try out the genie plus, which we found useless, and had lunch at peko bills but I forgot photos, then went on the sky liner to the Caribbean beach to sebastians bistro for dinner. This was good value at $29.99 each for the set menu and we enjoyed it.

And I had a seasonal margarita

We didn’t manage to finish the dessert!
Day 4
I woke up with a very sore knee and leg but didn’t want to moan.Looked at my Fitbit and I had walked 33 miles since setting off to the airport which is a lot more than usual as my beloved dog had an op last year that hasn’t worked so had a plate removed a month before our hols. Here she is

Andy wanted to return to Ale and compass for more fish tacos for breakfast so we ambled over. Another lovely breakfast

Caramel apple french toast

More fish tacos
We then walked back to the boardwalk villas and then into Epcot. My knee was getting so painful but we headed into soarin on opening and I’d managed to get a virtual queue for remy and lightning lane for test track so was feeling pleased with myself!
As we were walking off soarin I felt a loud crack in my knee and then couldn’t stand up. I managed to hop into sunshine seasons and the pain was horrific! Eventually after sitting there for 90 mins and taking ibuprofen and paracetamol Andy went and got a wheelchair. I was mortified! He pushed me back to the villas where I called the travel insurance company. The rest of the day was spent at the urgent care centre. I had 2 injections and got strong painkillers and told to rest! So disappointed.
He pushed me back over to ale and compass for dinner as we hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast.
We had Parker rolls and lobster bisque to share

Followed by braised short ribs and swordfish. Very nice.

When we got back he nipped to the boardwalk bakery and got this lovely chocolate brownie

Day 5
Today we were moving to Saratoga springs so we packed up and Andy went over to Hollywood studios while I limped to the pool to wait. He got back at lunchtime just as our room was ready so we drove over to our favourite resort. And got our favourite room.

We unpacked then went out to bonefish grill. Hadn’t been here before but thanks to dr J we really enjoyed it.
Tuna poke to share, which we ate too quickly to get a photo, followed by more fish tacos for Andy!

And a fillet with Maryland crab cake and veg for me. And my pomegranate cocktail.

That’s me up to date. Just made a reservation for Cooper’s hawk winery for tonight and am off to the pool to try and have a little swim and fix my knee!

Edited at 03:33 PM.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you started a food report, I'm loving reading these again.

A shame you didn't have a good experience in BA business. Then discoverimg the lost paperwork file. Oh no, that must have been quite stressful.

Your breakfasts at Ale and Compass sound great, we are staying at BWV next summer so I'm going to remember that! Sebastian's is a bargain and looks delicious. Given CBR is on the skyliner I'd be tempted to go there using that as it wasn't open last time we were at WDW in 2019.

Your poor knee, I hope that gets better soon. Fingers crossed the relaxing and pool time does the trick. Maybe you need a cocktail to help with the recovery

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Lovely report with some great looking food! I’m very partial to fish tacos and your Negroni looks fab

I’m sorry about your knee
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Lovely food pics 😋😋
Hope your knee is better soon
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following along …. Food looks good so far … hopefully the knee improves for your holiday x

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Funny we are doing 4 nights Boardwalk then SSR also this year.
You sure do love your fish tacos!
They do some v good ones at the Paddock bar, you may already know.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Ooh he’s really excited now. I’ve been saying he’s been strange! He will have to be adventurous tonight!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

What a lovely report! (Minus the BA flight, lost paperwork and sore knee - ouch!) I broke my tooth on the bread roll I had on our flight in Clubworld a couple of weeks ago. We also stayed at BWV and loved it. We ate in Ale & Compass several times as it’s one of our favourites. The Swan Reserve looks lovely! We are staying at SSR in a few weeks, what area is your favourite room?

I hope your knee gets better and you can enjoy the rest of your trip 💜
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We like the grandstand. Empty bus to start and first drop. Nice quiet pool big enough to have a swim with a little bar. Andy likes watching the golf and collecting lost balls!
Old 6 Dec 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I’m sorry to hear about your knee. Did you get all the documents back?
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List