Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Dec 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Who are you thinking of this Christmas?

Merry Christmas everybody !

But please take a moment to think of those who have lost someone in the last year .

I myself am taking a minute to reflect and think in particular of-

My mum , who lost her husband to covid in January

My sons friend , 17 , who lost his dad a week ago , suspected heart attack during the night . ( I suspect my sons friend found him too ).

The family of my next door neighbours daughter’s best friend , who died unexpectedly after complaining of a migraine aged 15 , 6 months ago today.

The Queen , who lost Philip

Anyone in the Dibb family who has lost anyone close this year
Try to think of the good memories today as well as reflecting
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I lost my nana back in September. Although, she did have dementia for ten years, so unfortunately it felt like we had lost her some time earlier, and I think this hit even more hard once she was gone.

In November my fiancé lost his grandad, who we were all close to and spent time with at Christmas, I’ll miss him a lot.

My friend at work also lost her dad this year, so sad.

It’s been a sad year really for us and those around us.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We lost Dad in June after a nearly 5 year cancer battle.
I struggle with the images of his last couple of months at home when I did things no daughter thinks they’ll have to do for their Dad but my comfort lies in he is no longer suffering and he passed peacefully in the hospice.
It’s hard this Christmas and we are not ‘celebrating’ in the usual way but once 2022 is here we hope things will be a little easier.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My friend of many years - she”s been on my mind a lot in the run up to Christmas .
I did nearly lose my mum too but she pulled through - not quite the same as she was but she’s here and I am so grateful . She is coming over today for dinner and we will certainly be making it one to remember.
Sending my best wishes to anyone who has lost someone x
Old 25 Dec 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re very fortunate in that we haven’t lost anyone In our family or close friends this year.
I do however have a friend who has cancer she’s having quite a tough time with her treatment and is having bone marrow replacement in January so my thoughts are with her today.
As always I think about our grandson Harri who was stillborn in 2013 and wonder what presents we would have bought for him and would he be on Santas naughty or nice list
Old 25 Dec 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We lost Mum to cancer in a august. She was diagnosed on 23rd December last year so the last couple of days have been hard to be honest. Sending love to everyone who has lost someone this year ❤️
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sending love to you all. I always think of my Dad. I miss him terribly (it’s been 3 years in January). Lots of wonderful memories of Christmas past but wish he could be here today sneaking into the kitchen for some pork crackling!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8

Dad & Nan
Old 25 Dec 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We have been very fortunate not to lose anyone but my thoughts today are with my grandad.

He is 91 years old and has been in hospital for the last 8 weeks.

He was discharged on Wednesday but had another fall Christmas Eve so was taken back into hospital.

Can’t get hold of the assessment unit, no visitors allowed so the thought of him being all alone Christmas Day is really upsetting.
Old 25 Dec 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
@hi@ year for us. FIL died just before last Christmas, bil had heart attack and died at the wheel of his lorry in may age 56, husband diagnosed with muscle invasive bladder cancer august and had my lovely benji put to sleep october. I'm hoping for a better 2022 🙏 but like I say there's people alot worse off than us. We are off to sil today for dinner, 1 down with covid already and we have booke tgi friday tomorrow for something completely different to do.
Merry Christmas everyone and here's to a healthy 2022 with lots of holiday's thrown in. 🙏

Also thinking of all those people living on the streets today 😢

Edited at 12:10 PM.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List