Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Jan 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
When we went in November, it was 11 and up for masks - only 'recommended' below that. I know it's changed now, but it could change again.

Personally, I am not booking anything yet, and anything I do book will be fully cancellable if need be. We do intend to get there this year, but are thinking of waiting for the new Marvel stuff to be open.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
but are thinking of waiting for the new Marvel stuff to be open.
We don't have any news on that yet, do we? I can't see anything from a quick Google...

We are booked for June for husband's 50th and I'm optimistic it can go ahead. I'm not optimistic about masks rules being relaxed though and that does make me nervous, what with the potential heat of June. We went in late May once and the heat was almost unbearable - and I say that as someone who is used to Florida in August! There's no 'proper' aircon in France, so there's no escape from the heat. So the thought of masks in that is awful. Fine if just on rides but if needed in the open air too it won't be fun
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

There was talk of a March opening date so it open before the 30th. But it’s apparently summer 2022 now.
We are booked for Feb half term, but very doubtful it will happen so thinking of moving to October half term. Thinking Marvel will “definitely” been open by then.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We're booked for September , we travel from Spain .
Totally confident everything will look significantly better by then, these few months up to March I feel will be frustrating .
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Feb half term booked, if France doesn’t open I think it will
be a refund unless they let us move for free. No incentive to just pay difference with the situation as it is. Booking for Orlando soon for October 🌈

Edited at 09:45 PM.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

We have end of August booked and this is a trip for DD who was 18 in April 20 so it’s been a long time coming.
Hope we all get there🤞

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Well I have just sent the request to cancel our booking. Will most likley try and re book for next year at some point.
Going to Lanzarote instead now, hopefully!

Fingers crossed for everyone who has later bookings
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Just about to book for the end of April. If you look at South Africa, their variant is levelling out and thats been around 8 weeks, so things should look better by the spring in europe as the peak is starting to hit now.

Hopefully some normality around early May.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Well I have just sent the request to cancel our booking. Will most likley try and re book for next year at some point.
Going to Lanzarote instead now, hopefully!

Fingers crossed for everyone who has later bookings
Just done the same for March. Could have left it a few weeks more to see what happens, but wasn't feeling it.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Omicron has a tiny death rate. It’s brilliant that it happened. Hopefully nothing more serious will now out compete it, and we should be hopefully approaching normality from Spring.
If Coronavirus mutated to become more deadly, the theory is the 4 that have been doing the rounds as part of the common cold for hundreds of years would also mutate up.
We may get Omicron mutating again to avoid immunity I suppose, but there’s only so far it can go and still be viable. This is just what I’m reading.
I’m really hopefully now we are in the end game.
Having just come back I’d say get on holiday and live your life, and whilst easier said than done, quit worrying.