Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Jan 22, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Looking forward this albeit enviously. I had booked a week in august in Anaheim but switched it just to Florida as I was concerned about the stricter Covid measures in LA with our kids. Really looking forward to seeing your reviews of the Disney places
We swapped from Orlando, we were supposed to be staying at the Boardwalk for almost exactly the same time period. We swapped as Nev is not keen on all the WDW changes and then a favourite ride, Expedition Everest, going into refurb was the straw that broke the camels back.

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Can’t wait to see pics
Have an AMAZING time 😊
Thank you.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
looking forward to this, good luck with the dreaded tests
I read that and immediately thought “we are going to test positive at the airport”. Well negative LFTs yesterday and we are not going out much between now and Thursday so fingered crossed…

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Looking forward to reading this as we're going west in 2023. Do you mind me asking how you are transferring to Universal/Disney
Thank you. Haven’t made any firm plans on getting from Universal to Disney yet. Nev has been talking about public transport but I don’t see that happening. On the West Coast boards a couple of transfer companies have been mentioned so I will probably book one of them. Or possibly Lyft.

Affordable Towncars

Midwilshuttle
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting, I hope you have a brilliant time and I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to reading along. Have a lovely time
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading along

Have a good holiday

Joan
Old 1 Jan 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

How exciting, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We have done west coast 3 times and absolutely love it

Will certainly be reading along x
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m so excited for this one. It’s a trip I really want to do at some point 😀. Safe travels and looking forward to another of your ace trippies x

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting, I hope you have a brilliant time and I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip.
Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Looking forward to reading along. Have a lovely time
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Looking forward to reading along

Have a good holiday

Joan
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I’m so excited for this one. It’s a trip I really want to do at some point 😀. Safe travels and looking forward to another of your ace trippies x
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
How exciting, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We have done west coast 3 times and absolutely love it

Will certainly be reading along x
Thanks all. I have done a few packing cubes and printed stuff out yesterday, I used to travel paper free, now I feel like I want everything printed!

This time tomorrow the pets start their respective holidays and we have the dreaded tests to go to…
Old 5 Jan 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Have a great holiday, our west coast trip was just about my favourite one yet!
Looking forward to your report 😊
Old 6 Jan 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Pre-travel day: Part 1

Two antigen tests complete and we are VeriFLY ready for tomorrow. . We have two new passengers on this trip. We always miss the pugs whilst we are away so we have brought along their mini me versions that I made recently.

After dumping our bags in the room we went downstairs to the hotel’s Sphere Bar for a pre holiday mojito. Whilst we were there, we decided to order a couple of bar snacks as we had missed lunch. I picked the salt and pepper squid and Nev picked the chicken wings in Louisiana sauce served with blue cheese dip.

I had the passion fruit mojito and Nev the regular one, both delicious. The bar snacks were good too, well made calamari which was lovely and crispy although it maybe doesn’t look that way in my photo. The Louisiana coating on the chicken wings was extremely tasty but it was very spicy.

Total cost was £18, I always get two free drinks at the Sofitel but the mocktails would otherwise have been £6.50 each. The food portion sizes were generous so this was not a bad price.

After eating we decided to stroll over to T5 to see if the dining options had improved since we travelled to Paris in November, improved from nothing that is. Whilst there we bought a couple of things for breakfast tomorrow and stopped for a coffee. Nero coffee was horrible, I was sure there was a Costa but seems not. (One of our coffees was already in the takeout cup before we could say we wanted it to have in).

Old 6 Jan 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh just seen this! The night before travel - all the excitement, plans and nervous energy, I just love it . Wishing you a safe and easy journey xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List