Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Jan 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Looks fantastic. Have a great flight .
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks amazing!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Have a fantastic time. Looking forward to reading about it 😊
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Travel day: Part 2

Inflight service to LA was on demand and there were two menus both for lunch / dinner type meals as this was a daytime flight arriving in LA in the early evening. One menu was called “Lite bites” and the other was “Main meal” and you can mix and match from each.

We asked to eat about an hour to ninety minutes after take off and during this time we were provided with a drink and a trio of pre starters, I had a Virgin Mary and I think Nev had champagne. The crew asked if we wanted to dine together but we both wanted to stay in our comfy seats, I had other company anyway.

For an early dinner, I decided upon the burrata from the main menu and the roast chicken and mash from Lite bites. Unfortunately no burrata as they had catering problems (we boarded about an hour late due to waiting for catering), so I chose the prosciutto and ricotta instead.

Nev picked prawn starter and pork belly both from the main menu, with a cheese plate and glass of port to follow. I had a lemon tart later on but I forgot to take a photo and Nev accidentally took a video of his prawns rather than a photo so I can’t show those either.

A couple of hours before landing Nev had a second meal, the roast chicken I had earlier so I won’t repeat the photo. I decided not to have anything else and to maybe have something after landing instead.

In summary, I would describe all the BA inflight food as good and Nev says very good. I didn’t manage to get anything to eat at the hotel later as the Hilton Homewood Suites at LAX does not have food available after 8pm apparently. So that concludes travel day dining.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nev20
Earning More Ears

The bar in Hilton Homewood suites was shut by 9pm as well.

We decided to stay at this hotel because we were landing later than we usually do and thought it would easier. But I think that we will stick to going straight to our hotel of preference in a taxi rather than endure the scrum on the hotel shuttles.
Nev20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I am so jealous, we had first booked last year to LA , actually not last year now lol, for my 50th. It doesn’t seem to appear now for reward flights.
Can I ask, were your original flights reward or cash? Just with you being able to upgrade at the airport. X
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fab upgrade - can’t wait to read about your first full day 😀😀

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Brilliant you’re in first
Have a safe flight
Xx
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh my goodness that looks absolutely fabulous! Life goals!

Please do take some photos from the flight if you don’t mind

See you on the other side!
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
All looks great so far, looking forward to your updates. Safe journey and have a great trip
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Looks fantastic. Have a great flight .
Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Looks amazing!
Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
Have a fantastic time. Looking forward to reading about it 😊
Arrived safely last night, flight felt too short I could have happily had another hours sleep. Immigration was a breeze, no more than five minutes, obviously we were near first of our plane but I don’t think anyone would have waited too long. We then spent a further fifteen minutes doing a Global Entry approval interview and then waited forever for luggage…
Old 8 Jan 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I am so jealous, we had first booked last year to LA , actually not last year now lol, for my 50th. It doesn’t seem to appear now for reward flights.
Can I ask, were your original flights reward or cash? Just with you being able to upgrade at the airport. X
We have also noticed very hard to get First class on reward flight these days too. The flights we upgraded were CW reward flights. The nature of our flights didn’t come up when we asked about the upgrade, I got the impression it was a flat upgrade price from Club to First.

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Fab upgrade - can’t wait to read about your first full day 😀😀
Hopefully we will source food at some point. We couldn’t get anything last night and not having much luck so far today either, everywhere is shut (currently 10:45am). I think they might be very covid cautious in LA or can’t get the staff!

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Well that was a great upgrade and it looks like you really enjoyed it. Congratulations
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List