Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Jan 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Interesting email from DVC

Dear Members,

We are thrilled to kick off this New Year with news that may put an extra spring in your step as you begin dreaming of your family’s next vacations. As you may have heard, Disney Vacation Club is enhancing and elevating your portfolio of exchange options, including welcoming Interval International as our new exchange provider.

Interval International exchanges are officially available, giving Members access, not only to thousands of resorts in the U.S., Europe, Asia, the Caribbean and more, but also to a portfolio of high-quality properties specially curated with Members in mind, including resorts from such trusted brands as Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin, just to name a few.

In addition, for eligible Members we expanded the portfolio with National Geographic Expeditions and Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experiences among the exchanges now available, and we look forward to welcoming the Shanghai Disney Resort later this year.

And, to make your vacation planning simpler than ever, we are now presenting your vacation options in two easy-to-navigate collections: a reorganized Disney Collection and an updated World Collection.

Within the updated Disney Collection, you’ll find both “Disney Stays” and “Disney Experiences.”

Disney Stays include not only our 15 uniquely themed Disney Vacation Club Resorts, but for eligible Members, also traditional Disney Resort hotel exchange options in the heart of the magic and beyond.

Disney Experiences go beyond Resort hotels to include such exchange options as Disney Cruise Line voyages, Adventures by Disney guided trips, National Geographic Expeditions and those epic, 2-night Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experiences aboard the Halcyon Starcruiser.

Interval International options, meanwhile, are part of the new updated World Collection, which for eligible Members also includes your favorite Concierge Collection properties across the globe.

Whether your next vacation returns you to your Home Resort or sends you on new adventures across the globe (or galaxy), all of us at Disney Vacation Club thank you for being part of our magical community, and we look forward to making memories with you for decades to come.

Happy travels,
Your Disney Vacation Club Family
2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:POR 2007:AKL 2008:BWV-OKW 2009:BWV-VB-RPH 2010:Villa-HRH 2011:BWV-HRH-VB 2012:VB-OKW-BWV-HRH 2013:OKW-BWV-HRH 2014:OKW-BLT-HRH 2015:HRH-OKW-BWV-PVB 2016:OKW-HRH-BWV-PVB 2017: BWV - PVB 2018: BWV - PVB 2019: BWV - CC
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

I’m bracing for this to not include resale owners…
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Interesting about Shanghai Disney Resort.

I went in 2016 and stayed in a concierge park view room at the Disneyland Hotel, and it was INCREDIBLE, but also a steal. I'm talking All Star Sports prices.

I wonder if points charts will reflect that or be over-inflated.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Interesting about Shanghai Disney Resort.

I went in 2016 and stayed in a concierge park view room at the Disneyland Hotel, and it was INCREDIBLE, but also a steal. I'm talking All Star Sports prices.

I wonder if points charts will reflect that or be over-inflated.
I’ve never seen a points chart for an exchange which isn’t massively over inflated. So I suspect what the answer to that one is.
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve never seen a points chart for an exchange which isn’t massively over inflated. So I suspect what the answer to that one is.
That's usually true, but you'd be surprised. Our DVC points usage for the Disneyland Hotel (Anaheim) was pretty much bang on value, and our recent DCL cruise was only marginally inflated.

More importantly, how was your recent trip?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Agree, you are much better off renting points out and then booking what you want where you want with less restrictions and more availability.
Old 6 Jan 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
That's usually true, but you'd be surprised. Our DVC points usage for the Disneyland Hotel (Anaheim) was pretty much bang on value, and our recent DCL cruise was only marginally inflated.

More importantly, how was your recent trip?
Yes that is surprising.

Trip was fantastic. Not so much the parks with the changes unfortunately, we are done with WDW for the foreseeable future, but resorts were great, weather fabulous, Miami Beach stay exceeded expectations. I will do a trip report when I hopefully get around to it.
Old 7 Jan 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Yes that is surprising.

Trip was fantastic. Not so much the parks with the changes unfortunately, we are done with WDW for the foreseeable future, but resorts were great, weather fabulous, Miami Beach stay exceeded expectations. I will do a trip report when I hopefully get around to it.
Oh no, that's not great to hear about the parks. But glad you had a good time overall.
Old 7 Jan 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes that is surprising.

I can only agree regarding the parks. We’re back from 3 weeks there in December and were so disappointed with the parks. We will be sticking with resorts and golfing and seeing more of Florida now. Certainly won’t be paying out for park tickets again unless there’s a big change. On a positive notes the SSR room updates were lovely.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
I can only agree regarding the parks. We’re back from 3 weeks there in December and were so disappointed with the parks. We will be sticking with resorts and golfing and seeing more of Florida now. Certainly won’t be paying out for park tickets again unless there’s a big change. On a positive notes the SSR room updates were lovely.
Out of interest, what do you think are the changes that make it disappointing now? Is it Genie+?