Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jellytots77
I have Ears

How much risk involved in a 2022 booking?

Hello! I'm a total newbie to all things Disney so excuse any silly questions!

Because holidays in the UK are so damn expensive I'm thinking of taking a leap of faith and trying to book to go to Disneyland Paris in June (hopefully things will look better covid-wise by then?!) My daughter will start school in September and this year is our last chance to take her before we have to go in the school hols (and we probably won't be able to afford that!) I do have concerns about covid rules messing everything up though.

My question is, am I right in thinking that if you book via disney and you do so within the right timeframe everything is refundable except the flights (transport)? And if that is the case do the air carriers (easyjet in our case) show any mercy? Would we have any chance of getting any money back or would we just get vouchers or a "b*gger off"

Can anyone who been in this situation tell me what the deal is if you have to cancel, did you just plan to go later so as to not waste money on the flights?

Also Disney don't seem to break down the cost of the flights etc. so it's difficult for me to see how much we'd lose, would it just be a case of looking at the same flights on the easy jet site?!

Also does anyone have experience of taking a 2 year old with us? Am I nuts for considering it? My 4 year old is quite good now to take places but I wonder what my 2 year old will be like!

Thanks in advance!
Jellytots77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jellytots77 View Post
Hello! I'm a total newbie to all things Disney so excuse any silly questions!

Because holidays in the UK are so damn expensive I'm thinking of taking a leap of faith and trying to book to go to Disneyland Paris in June (hopefully things will look better covid-wise by then?!) My daughter will start school in September and this year is our last chance to take her before we have to go in the school hols (and we probably won't be able to afford that!) I do have concerns about covid rules messing everything up though.

My question is, am I right in thinking that if you book via disney and you do so within the right timeframe everything is refundable except the flights (transport)? And if that is the case do the air carriers (easyjet in our case) show any mercy? Would we have any chance of getting any money back or would we just get vouchers or a "b*gger off"

Can anyone who been in this situation tell me what the deal is if you have to cancel, did you just plan to go later so as to not waste money on the flights?

Also Disney don't seem to break down the cost of the flights etc. so it's difficult for me to see how much we'd lose, would it just be a case of looking at the same flights on the easy jet site?!

Also does anyone have experience of taking a 2 year old with us? Am I nuts for considering it? My 4 year old is quite good now to take places but I wonder what my 2 year old will be like!

Thanks in advance!
We are booked May half term ( our grandaughter starts school in September, her dad can’t get any holidays July/ Aug, just started new job)

We booked with Attraction Tickets, £50 deposit per room, cancellation up to one week before.

We booked flights from Newcastle with AirFrance, paid extra for option for a free date change. So if the worst comes to the worst, we will try for Oct half term or next year.

I’m thinking May/ June will be ok though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jellytots77
I have Ears

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
We are booked May half term ( our grandaughter starts school in September, her dad can’t get any holidays July/ Aug, just started new job)

We booked with Attraction Tickets, £50 deposit per room, cancellation up to one week before.

We booked flights from Newcastle with AirFrance, paid extra for option for a free date change. So if the worst comes to the worst, we will try for Oct half term or next year.

I’m thinking May/ June will be ok though.
Ah thanks for the info. Yeah I'm hoping as summer approaches Omicron will have peaked and things might look a bit more positive!
Jellytots77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
frozenfan97
VIP Dibber

We are in the same situation as you, going in June and hotel/park tickets booked direct through Disney. I have also booked flights with easyjet.

Disney offer a full refund up to 7 days before you travel with the zen guarantee. As far as easyjet goes, I think it is just vouchers you will get if you cancel and not a refund. Anyone with more experience with Easyjet recently could probably give more information.

Let's hope by June things will look a bit better.
Old 11 Jan 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

i'm looking at booking for Sept after cancelling my hotel stay at the end of March. We luckily didn't have flights booked so didn't have to deal with that. Looking now for September, i'm still a bit unsure whether to book flights yet or not, they would be with easyjet and don't really want to end up with £300 worth of easyjet vouchers in the event it doesn't happen.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

We had a booking for December which we cancelled the week before.

DLP was a full refund on Zen Booking which was great and we received the money within 14 days.
Easyjet allow a change of flight up to 2 hours before the original departure and can be done online really easily. I changed to spain for next september. No charge at all so worked really well. Just need to conscious that if changing flights the price needs to match or there abouts. If the new flight is cheaper you won't get a refund. If the new flight is more you need to pay the difference.

Hope that helps :-)
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jellytots77
I have Ears

Originally Posted by frozenfan97 View Post
We are in the same situation as you, going in June and hotel/park tickets booked direct through Disney. I have also booked flights with easyjet.

Disney offer a full refund up to 7 days before you travel with the zen guarantee. As far as easyjet goes, I think it is just vouchers you will get if you cancel and not a refund. Anyone with more experience with Easyjet recently could probably give more information.

Let's hope by June things will look a bit better.
Thanks, my sister was due to go in the 1st lockdown but they cancelled with full refund from disney and she just told me that they got a full refund from easyjet as booked separately but they did made life difficult for her in terms of getting it back, it took them 6 months to get the money back as opposed to 6 weeks!

I was looking at the small print on easyjet website and it does look as though you can get a refund but I'm paranoid I've misunderstood

Lets hope we both get to go in June
Old 11 Jan 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jellytots77
I have Ears

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
i'm looking at booking for Sept after cancelling my hotel stay at the end of March. We luckily didn't have flights booked so didn't have to deal with that. Looking now for September, i'm still a bit unsure whether to book flights yet or not, they would be with easyjet and don't really want to end up with £300 worth of easyjet vouchers in the event it doesn't happen.
Yes that's my concern too, as I said in another post, my sister did get her easyjet flight refunded when it got cancelled in 2020 but I don't know if that's because the 1st lockdown was unprecedented!
Old 11 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jellytots77
I have Ears

Originally Posted by pinkstarburst View Post
We had a booking for December which we cancelled the week before.

DLP was a full refund on Zen Booking which was great and we received the money within 14 days.
Easyjet allow a change of flight up to 2 hours before the original departure and can be done online really easily. I changed to spain for next september. No charge at all so worked really well. Just need to conscious that if changing flights the price needs to match or there abouts. If the new flight is cheaper you won't get a refund. If the new flight is more you need to pay the difference.

Hope that helps :-)
Thank you
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Hyper
In Magic Kingdom!

We are booked for April 3rd. Easyjet changed my flights to a time that didn't suit so I cancelled and rebooked with Air France. Cancelled Easyjet online and money was refunded within 2 weeks.