Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jan 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
norwell
Dancing with Tink'

New York with 14 year old and only one vaccine!

We are booked to go to New York on 14th February with a 14 year old who only will have had one vaccine. She had COVID and it’s just over the 90 day mark so that’s why they only have one vaccine. I have been reading up about NYC and know they have to be fully vaccinated to get into restaurants,etc and am assuming for most tourist attractions this will be the same.
I have rang the travel agents and they did not even know this, they have now contacted the provider and they won’t let us postpone even though we are supposed to have COVID cover when booking.
Has anyone had any similar experience? Looks like we’re going to have to go and make the best of it but certainly not ideal.

Travel agent told me there are lots of outdoor eating available, IT’s FEBRUARY!
norwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by norwell View Post
We are booked to go to New York on 14th February with a 14 year old who only will have had one vaccine. She had COVID and it’s just over the 90 day mark so that’s why they only have one vaccine. I have been reading up about NYC and know they have to be fully vaccinated to get into restaurants,etc and am assuming for most tourist attractions this will be the same.
I have rang the travel agents and they did not even know this, they have now contacted the provider and they won’t let us postpone even though we are supposed to have COVID cover when booking.
Has anyone had any similar experience? Looks like we’re going to have to go and make the best of it but certainly not ideal.

Travel agent told me there are lots of outdoor eating available, IT’s FEBRUARY!
There are a lot of restaurants who have adapted and now have outdoor dining. They are covered and have lots of heaters and it was honestly as warm as being inside the restaurants
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I just cancelled my NY trip and booked Orlando instead.

The cold weather was putting me off and although dd Gould get her 2nd jab near week the paper certificate might not come in time.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Presumably you could just head to a vaccine centre today and get the second jab, although I don't know if "fully vaccinated" means the booster also.

We were contemplating including New York in our summer trip, but my son is currently 11 so I'm now ruling out due to the uncertainty of what his vaccination status may be by the time the summer comes round, and what the NYC rules may be.

It's likely we could get him double-jabbed by the summer, but not boostered - there's not enough time from when he turns 12.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
norwell
Dancing with Tink'

We have asked to cancel or postpone but the provider won’t let us without losing our money. They say that we are able to fly, won’t take into consideration that we may not be able to enter restaurants, tourist attractions.
norwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
norwell
Dancing with Tink'

She has to wait 90 days before she can get the first vaccine, this will be at the end of January so can’t get the second one before we go. Our options are just go and see where we can get into and make the most of it OR go without her this time.
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
She has to wait 90 days before she can get the first vaccine, this will be at the end of January so can’t get the second one before we go. Our options are just go and see where we can get into and make the most of it OR go without her this time.
Oh sorry, I mis-read your message, thinking she had the first jab already, but had to wait on the second due to infection.

It's a tough one. A left-field possibility would be to look at cheap internal flights down to Florida where the political scene is somewhat different and more "relaxed" with regard to vaccinations...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

My 13 yo daughter had Covid in October & had her first vaccine 29 days after. This was all checked out in school & she was allowed to get it.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d still go. There are plenty of places to visit that are outside, restaurants with outdoor seating are everywhere, shops, outdoor things. We just got back Christmas Eve, and had an amazing time (all vaccinated, but some places we ate outside as inside was full). You can also travel across the river to New Jersey, where I believe they have less restrictions.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by porridge View Post
I’d still go. There are plenty of places to visit that are outside, restaurants with outdoor seating are everywhere, shops, outdoor things. We just got back Christmas Eve, and had an amazing time (all vaccinated, but some places we ate outside as inside was full). You can also travel across the river to New Jersey, where I believe they have less restrictions.
I’d second this, plenty to do and easy to work around
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List