Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Jan 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Unable to use our 2 week AK May what to do

We have a 2 bed 2 week stay from May 16th 22 and sadly hubby lost his job so might have to try to sell on, any ideas what we can do as these points needed to be used by 31st May 22

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Apprentice Imagineer

There's a couple of active DVC groups on Facebook or could put on one of the resale sites ? Like Dave or DVC rental.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Sorry to hear about your DH job loss.

You will find it very difficult to rent out two weeks as one reservation. I’d either try to book small reservations for studios or cancel and off the points out. However, last time I looked there wasn’t a lot of availability. Weekends and public holidays are always popular with Americans.
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

I’ve just recently sold some of our points. I did use the fb group but it was harder going than usual! So I sold the rest on David’s. Not my first choice as the payment is much lower than direct and you have more liability. But I didn’t want to lose them! I got them sold very quickly, within a few hours of me putting them on.
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

One issue with renting points that expire May is lack of availability. But you currently hold a block of availability you can possibly make work for you with confirmed bookings.
Yes you will have massive difficulties renting a 2 bed 2 week stay. Plan. You could for example at least reduce that down to a few nights by amending it. If you did it at 7am in a morning before US wakes up, it’s likely when you amend it down to say 2 nights, the remaining 12 nights wont be snatched and won’t be caught by by the waitlist sweep. So go quickly and book multiple 2-3 night trips. Then rent those out. Or alternatively if there are other rooms available for a few nights at a time, especially studios, you could rent them. So have a look first. This assumes you can’t bank your points.
You can then put them all up with Davids. I rented a Copper Creek reservation with Davids a while back. You can also put them on the Facebook if you get an agreement with Davids like I did that you can pull a listing with them if you rent it yourself first. Win/win.
The other option is to cancel and put them all into the new Interval International but I have no idea if that’s any good or not and if possible I’d rather have the money in the bank. I’d mark the Calendar though for 31 days out and consider that for any unrented reservations. However I suspect blocks of 2-3 night reservations will rent if you can manage that.
Good luck, very sorry to hear the trip has to be cancelled.

Edited at 09:38 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List