Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Visitor toll pass success

Thanks to the dibb we signed up to the visitor toll pass program.
The process at the airport was very easy. Just went to the well signed booth. Gave my name and I received a welcome map and tag for the mirror. Placed it on Alamo car mirror. Lady booking out car tutted when I mentioned the tag so I suppose it’s hitting their commission or profits.
We nearly forgot to take tag off on our return so saved ourselves the $10 fee. Received an email to say the tag had been suspended on our agreed time of arrival. So no risk of someone misusing it when you leave. Return bins are at the crossing from car lot to airport. Great system
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Is that the authorities renting out passes rather than the hire companies screwing you ?
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Is that the authorities renting out passes rather than the hire companies screwing you ?
Exactly how was a $20 max admin fee for Alamo per rental period screwing the renter? It isn’t compulsory, you can still pay cash at the tolls.
Similarly with Avis.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
The passes are free just sign up online. You also pay a reduced visitor rate with no add ons like some rental companies. Remember some tolls are also unmanned and if you have no change you will be fined going thru them.
If you don’t go thru a toll your not charged. No admin fee no ripoff.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

We didn’t do this last year and we did a lot of driving. We just through the tolls as normal and then it was charged to the credit card on file. We drove to Daytona, silver springs, Kennedy space centre, Sarasota and all we paid was $24 and we went through all the tolls!
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Its a modest saving if using Alamo but a saving nonetheless.
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

People appear to be very positive about the new system, I will be trying it out tomorrow evening. I hardly think that the system that the car rental companies were using was a rip off as they are up front about the charges.
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
People appear to be very positive about the new system, I will be trying it out tomorrow evening. I hardly think that the system that the car rental companies were using was a rip off as they are up front about the charges.

I think that rather depends on the rental company. Alamo seemed fair at least I recent years. Some of the others still don’t
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Its a modest saving if using Alamo but a saving nonetheless.
Yes, I agree that and better a few dollars in your pocket.
I’d no option as we went thro Sanford this year and the Visitor Toll pass isn’t available there. So I happily committed to the max admin charge of just under $20 to allow us to use the Tollpass system.
Didn’t feel that Alamo were screwing us but providing a convenient service.

I suppose I’d use the Visitor Toll Pass if going thro MCO, I assume they will introduce an admin charge if they continue after the testing period.
Either system, in my opinion, is preferable to stopping to pay at toll plazas.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
minniemam
Serious Dibber

minniemam's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good scheme, but would be worried you are advertising you are a visitor to everyone.