Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Sep 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Super strict in the US and likely to ask for ID for her. If you buy it for her and get caught then police action is very likely.
Eek, not risking that then
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
We took my daughter when she was 20, she was at uni at the time, so used to having the odd drink or two - but she knew she wouldn't be able to have a drink not even in the villa (had read about a british family that let their underage (by US no UK standards) have a couple of drinks at the villa, he then developed appendicitis and had to go to ER where the alcohol had to be declared and the parents were prosecuted for supplying drink to a minor, just not worth the risk.
Wow wouldn’t have thought of this, thanks for the heads up
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
I think I have seen it written before that under aged drinking is the no1 reason people get thrown out of Disney / Universal parks (and have their tickets revoked)
And banned for life. This includes things like a minor holding an alcoholic drink for someone else.

And if you are planning to do Halloween Horror Nights, they are very strict, offering wrist bands to over 21. I forgot my ID at 43 one night and couldn't get a drink.

Edited at 09:46 PM.
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Very strict inside Disney and out I was there with my 9 year old son years ago and still had to show id as looked young for my age.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I've read somewhere, probably on here, that under 21 cannot even be seen touching alcohol, as in if you bought some in Walmart they are not allowed to lift it into the trolley for you.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve see the police involved with under age drinking, basically if Disney don’t enforce the law and someone gets caught then the cm who sold it will be arrested
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
I've read somewhere, probably on here, that under 21 cannot even be seen touching alcohol, as in if you bought some in Walmart they are not allowed to lift it into the trolley for you.
This is true of Walmart and sometimes they will go as far as not selling to an adult if they are with a teenager or someone who looks under 21.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Straight to jail.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Put it this way, my mum is 65 and wanted to try a sample of wine at wall mart but she didn’t have id on her and she wasn’t allowed! The girl was being a jobsworth, but she said that have to Id everyone!
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I know at Disney they do random spot checks on CM’s to see that they ask anyone for ID who look under 35 years old.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List