Notices

Old 6 Feb 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Once more with screaming! Oct 2022 Pre trip

Hello!

Welcome to my new Pre Trip report that is very much in its infancy right now.
'cue Buffy One more with Feeling photo'

The reason for the title is...if you recall from my previous reports we absolutely LOVE Halloween Horror Nights and obviously have not been to Orlando since 2019

Introductions

Me(Debbie) I am now 31 and still working for AmEx but in Marketing the furthest i've been since our last holiday is to Weston-super-Mare.

I am planner of everything, keen eater, keeper of all facts and very excited about most things

Arron

Arron is still supervisor in CeX and lover of gaming, films etc. He will allow me to plan everything and chip in with an occasional suggestion.
He will be most excited for new coasters and HHN!

Preamble

We last went in October 2019(food report is in my signature) and I was planning for us to go for one last trip to Orlando in October 2020 before we decided to visit a few new places in future.
We are some of those lucky people who had put off booking for 2020 until March and when lockdown happened we were yet to book!

I had a lucky break last year in July when I moved to be a Marketing Executive after a long time in Customer Services and I was hopeful that the money I had ready for 2020 could be used...alas it was not to be.

My new boss is also a MASSIVE Florida fan and we have been talking about trips for a while...so although we are yet to book I have some quite good plans in mind

The current plan

So my plans were to fly 17th October-November 2nd/3rd and I had been pricing up with this in mind and been finding it quite expensive...last week it was pointed out that Half term is during those dates

Now the plan is...

3rd or 4th October

Fly with BA from Gatwick on the 11am flight hopefully

Stay at The Dolphin for 4 nights

While there use Disney tickets exclusively, easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios especially.

The next bit is something a bit different for us as we are always on the go being busy!

3 nights at Margaritaville

The thought here is, we have never done a stay for the purpose of relaxing! Also there is lots of stuff nearby including Disney incase we do want to pop back.

After the 3 nights here I ideally want to book this hotel

Rosen Plaza for 10 nights , we always stay at the Rosen at Pointe but thought we might stay at the Plaza instead...however when browsing today the Plaza is coming up as fully booked for our dates so will have to improvise.

While staying here these idea would be a day at Busch Gardens, maybe a morning at Seaworld but mostly Universal and HHN.

We would probably book an overlapping night at HRH for 14th October.

Then the flight home would be 20th October direct into Gatwick too!

Things to do

Firstly Arron's passport has expired so we need to renew that before we book anything. I might get him to do that in the coming week or two.

This trip is something I have put together with the BA Customise your trip section so is hopefully still there and the same price!

COVID

I am really hopeful that there is no need to do any tests by October as Arron gets quite anxious and I don't think that will help but we'll have to wait and see!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your holiday sounds like it's going to be great fun, lots of lovely hotels, and what a novel idea - relaxing when you're on holiday!

I'm also hoping there won't be the need for tests this summer when are heading back to Florida, fingers crossed that by October they are a thing of the past.

I'm looking forward to reading all about your plans.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your holiday sounds like it's going to be great fun, lots of lovely hotels, and what a novel idea - relaxing when you're on holiday!

I'm also hoping there won't be the need for tests this summer when are heading back to Florida, fingers crossed that by October they are a thing of the past.

I'm looking forward to reading all about your plans.
Thanks for reading!

Ha I know, thinking a few days relaxation after the last couple of years will be nice! But we'll see as we've never managed it before!

Having had COVID this week and barely more than a cold I do hope the will phase everything out soon!

I think Operation Arron's passport is soon and I'll update from there.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad the passport is top of your list. I was starting to have palpitations at the idea it wasn't sorted! LOL. Once that's done you'll be able to get your ESTAs.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I’m loving the Buffy reference! I even know what episode your pic is from (tabula rasa season 6 lol) 😂
Your trip sounds great, I love the BA custom trip option, it’s so easy to use. The margaritaville report looks beautiful, can’t wait to see your trip photos!

We are also hoping testing is gone (ideally by May when we are returning to Orlando) but definitely by October when we have a California trip planned.

It’s so lovely reading all the trip reports again and actually being able to travel isn’t it?!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I’m loving the Buffy reference! I even know what episode your pic is from (tabula rasa season 6 lol) 😂
Your trip sounds great, I love the BA custom trip option, it’s so easy to use. The margaritaville report looks beautiful, can’t wait to see your trip photos!

We are also hoping testing is gone (ideally by May when we are returning to Orlando) but definitely by October when we have a California trip planned.

It’s so lovely reading all the trip reports again and actually being able to travel isn’t it?!
Ha my favourite episode was always Hush!
Yes Margaritaville looks perfect for a chill couple of days together.

Fingers crossed for testing to be gone for both of your trips. We can hope at least!
Old 16 Feb 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the buffy reference! I love the once more with feeling episode!

Sounds like you’ve got a great trip planned, and definitely more fun than Weston super mare! 😂

We aren’t going until April 2023 and I’m a mix of excitement and nerves! Can’t wait to go back, but I’m hoping that masks won’t be needed on the plane. My youngest is only 3 and I’ve no idea how we’ll manage 🤦🏻

Enjoy all of your planning. I love that the planning is part of the excitement with a Florida holiday
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
Love the buffy reference! I love the once more with feeling episode!

Sounds like you’ve got a great trip planned, and definitely more fun than Weston super mare! 😂

We aren’t going until April 2023 and I’m a mix of excitement and nerves! Can’t wait to go back, but I’m hoping that masks won’t be needed on the plane. My youngest is only 3 and I’ve no idea how we’ll manage 🤦🏻

Enjoy all of your planning. I love that the planning is part of the excitement with a Florida holiday
Hahaha Weston is a close 2nd to Orlando

I love planning, I've been driving Arron mad so have turned to TheDibb now instead.

Lets hope everything is changed soon so you can plan for next April with no concerns
Old 21 Feb 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Hahaha Weston is a close 2nd to Orlando

I love planning, I've been driving Arron mad so have turned to TheDibb now instead.

Lets hope everything is changed soon so you can plan for next April with no concerns
Lol! I grew up in Bristol so Weston was a frequent day trip location. Definitely 2nd to Florida 😂😂😂

Yep the planning is so much fun, I’m glad we have the Dibb full of fellow Florida addicts!

Hope you are enjoying your planning.
And hats off to you for HHN, oj the trips we took before kids I was always too scared! I knew I’d end up running away screaming! 😂🤦🏻
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 22, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Love your plans.

We are hopeful of our first HHN this year 🤞and have booked 6 nights staying at Hard Rock.

The Rosen Plaza is lovely if you can get it, often BA have it when others don’t. Margaritaville looks lovely.

I’ll be following along for all your expert HHN tips!