Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyThomasFam
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile TUI or Thomas Cook

Thinking of booking a last minute trip for next month.

We’ve been many times, but never last minute, and always with Virgin.

Both TUI and TC are coming out at about the same price, so who would you choose?
Old 6 Aug 18, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Only been with tui and virgin so can’t comment on Thomas cook
Are the flights/airports the same?
Old 6 Aug 18, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I would choose Tui,assuming it’s the Dreamliner- it’s a much better experience and we had very little jet lag. IFE is included in the price,with TC it’s very basic and you have to pay to upgrade it if you want the full package. Drinks are extra with TC too whereas with Tui,they’re complimentary. Main difference is you fly into
Sanford with Tui. I just felt Tui had loads of little touches that gave it an edge,you got your tea with your meal in an actual cup and not a plastic disposable one. It wins hands down for me
Old 6 Aug 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyThomasFam
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by lynne6705 View Post
Only been with tui and virgin so can’t comment on Thomas cook
Are the flights/airports the same?

Difference is TUI flies into Sanford, which isn’t the end of the world for me, as we’ll have transfers.
Old 6 Aug 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyThomasFam
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joelin View Post
I would choose Tui,assuming it’s the Dreamliner- it’s a much better experience and we had very little jet lag. IFE is included in the price,with TC it’s very basic and you have to pay to upgrade it if you want the full package. Drinks are extra with TC too whereas with Tui,they’re complimentary. Main difference is you fly into
Sanford with Tui. I just felt Tui had loads of little touches that gave it an edge,you got your tea with your meal in an actual cup and not a plastic disposable one. It wins hands down for me
Thanks 👍🏻
Old 6 Aug 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We've flown to Florida with both, not really much in it, Dreamliner a bit more comfortable and did feel a bit more luxurious, both had decent seat pitch, we were only in cheap seats, OH is well over 6ft he had plenty of leg room. Both had seatback IFE ... depending on which plane you are on with TC it might be downloads onto a tablet, TUI you got drinks and IFE included, TC you had to pay for drinks and upgrades of IFE but we took plenty of water on flight with us both times which was cheaper at airport. Both outward journey meals were good for plane food, both coming back were nasty so I'd recommend eating at airport before flying home lol. TUI lands at Sanford as you know , this is my preferred airport I don't like MCO far too busy for my liking but a lot more people prefer MCO to Sanford.
Anyway I've waffled enough... could've just said not much in it, go with cheapest lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyThomasFam
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We've flown to Florida with both, not really much in it, Dreamliner a bit more comfortable and did feel a bit more luxurious, both had decent seat pitch, we were only in cheap seats, OH is well over 6ft he had plenty of leg room. Both had seatback IFE ... depending on which plane you are on with TC it might be downloads onto a tablet, TUI you got drinks and IFE included, TC you had to pay for drinks and upgrades of IFE but we took plenty of water on flight with us both times which was cheaper at airport. Both outward journey meals were good for plane food, both coming back were nasty so I'd recommend eating at airport before flying home lol. TUI lands at Sanford as you know , this is my preferred airport I don't like MCO far too busy for my liking but a lot more people prefer MCO to Sanford.
Anyway I've waffled enough... could've just said not much in it, go with cheapest lol
Haha, thanks. My husband is also over 6ft so good to know he won’t be too uncomfortable. I’ve never flown into Sanford so wasn’t sure about it, but might give it a go if it’s less stressful!
Old 6 Aug 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

TUI assuming its the Dreamliner
Old 8 Aug 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I normally fly into Orlando when staying at WDW as use Magic Express.
However, next year we are doing non Disney and will have a car from the off.
After a less than stellar return flight with TC this year (God awful food, no seat back TV, crappy streaming app wouldn't work on Pixel 2 phone) we have just booked out of Doncaster with Tui next year (usual airport Manchester, Doncaster a bit closer to us).
Advantages seem to be:
1) Its cheaper. TC are wanting 900 (early August flight) each plus seats. Tui is £840 all in.
2) Dreamliner vs potentially dreaded no seatback IFE Air Tanker.
3) Manchester Airport is rapidly descending into a terrible cash grabbing place with horrendous security queues. The rip off parking charges for dropping off are causing all sorts of issues. Security has been terrible at times (flown numerous times out recently on business, once it was unbelievable). Doncaster you literally park up outside and walk in.
4) If Matt Lucas decides to make another Come Fly With Me, I may see them filming. Only joking on that last one ;-)

Now its been years since I went to Sanford and I could do with some info on the car hire situation there nowadays.
Old 8 Aug 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If all things are equal, I would always take the B787 (Dreamliner).

Better than that, all things are not equal.. I would always take Sanford over MCO.

TUI for me, it would be!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List