Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Why do I leave this stuff so late?!

It's only just really occurred to me that I really need to buy some summery clothes for Florida.

So off I go to Meadowhall to grab some bargains in the sales and lo and behold the only things left are mostly sizes 4, 6 and 8's as well as styles that really do not suit someone with a *ahem* big bust like mine.

So after 3 painful hours in M'hell last night, I had to give up and resort to an Asos haul, which is annoying since I am the type of person who likes to try things on before spending any money. I know I can send anything that doesn't fit me back but it's such a faff!

Thing is...I do this every time I go on a holiday that is not in the summer. When will I learn?
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
It's only just really occurred to me that I really need to buy some summery clothes for Florida.

So off I go to Meadowhall to grab some bargains in the sales and lo and behold the only things left are mostly sizes 4, 6 and 8's as well as styles that really do not suit someone with a *ahem* big bust like mine.

So after 3 painful hours in M'hell last night, I had to give up and resort to an Asos haul, which is annoying since I am the type of person who likes to try things on before spending any money. I know I can send anything that doesn't fit me back but it's such a faff!

Thing is...I do this every time I go on a holiday that is not in the summer. When will I learn?
this year?

I tell my daughter every single year that we know we're going somewhere hot in the holidays, to make sure if she needs any summer clothes, to get them before the middle of July, because after that the sales are over and the shops are full of Autumn clothes. Does she listen? Nope, usually not. She's been a bit better this year, she was looking for a couple of summer tops a week or so ago, managed to find one in Primark, but that was it. So her summer-clothes shopping is over .

eta - looks like you might be Orlando around the same time we are, hopefully the humidity will be low because my DD will probably be wearing jeans and possibly a summer top or t-shirt, with a jumper she can chuck on and off as the weather conditions dictate.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My 17yo daughter has just ordered some clothes from Boohoo today for our holiday. We both bought some Primark Disney t-shirts a few weeks ago too. I think the problem is we all forget that summer clothes won't be available after May in the UK and the shops are now all full of winter clothes 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I've bought not one thing for us to go in October 😰😱 I better get hunting. Hope you manage to get what you want op.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh no you've reminded me I've done the same and looks like we are there at the same time! With me though it's cos I know I only need new as I'm 2/3 sizes bigger than all my summer clothes due to recent stress induced comfort eating so I really don't want to face up to a new wardrobe for all the wrong reasons
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

My 17yearbild was very organised this year & ask for lots of holiday clothes for her birthday in July! So it’s all ready waiting! I of course have bought nothing because I’m going to loose 3 stone before then & need smaller sizes anyway 😂😂😂

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

My DD and I hit primark and new look yesterday and got some nice summery bits in the sales. New look had rails of stuff. Sports direct website has some reasonable priced summer stuff as well. First time we have been in October so we forgot about the shops going into winter mode x
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Meadowhell.
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Damn... you just reminded me if I don’t get my butt in gear I’ll have no shorts for our holiday in October (fuetaventura) best I hit the internet!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List