Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

December 2019 - Is this a good offer?

Hi all,

I'm looking at returning to WDW in December 2019 from Glasgow (no direct flights so either connection via London or direct from Manchester) and found this offer on Thomas Cook - just wanted to get some opinions on if it's a good deal for that time of year:

Dates: 8th-22nd December
Hotel: Rosen Inn Internation Drive / Avanti Resort International Drive
Flights: Manchester to Orlando direct, 23kg luggage included and standard meals included
Car Hire Included
Price: £2188.00 (Rosen) / £2286

Would you book this or wait until later in the year/early 2019 to see if any other offers become available (i.e. when BA etc release their flights)

Cheers for any help
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

How many is that for?
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Is the car fully insured?

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Sorry for the delayed response.
This would be for 2 adults (so roughly £1050ish each) and would be third party insurance only.
Neither of us is too fussed about driving, so would probably only use it for getting to/from airport and then use the free shuttles or uber/lyft to get to the parks.

Thanks
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I think thats quite expensive. I am flying from Glasgow via Gatwick on 1st Dec this year and the flight was £330 each with BA. We have three weeks fully inclusive SUV car hire for £550 via Autoeurope. You will get a hotel much cheaper than £1600 for two weeks if you dont want a car. You could Uber from airport and back again if you didnt want a car.
Looking at this years prices the Avanti is as little as £50 a night via trivago for your dates.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I think thats quite expensive. I am flying from Glasgow via Gatwick on 1st Dec this year and the flight was £330 each with BA. We have three weeks fully inclusive SUV car hire for £550 via Autoeurope. You will get a hotel much cheaper than £1600 for two weeks if you dont want a car. You could Uber from airport and back again if you didnt want a car.
Looking at this years prices the Avanti is as little as £50 a night via trivago for your dates.
Thanks for the info!
I've done some more digging and from what I've seen so far (albeit early for next December) I can get:
- Avanti Hotel for £655 via Kenwood Travel (£327pp)or
- Clarion Lake Buena Vista for £645 (£322pp)

I'm guessing flights from Glasgow will probably cost around £400-£500 each when you include luggage?

Any idea how much hotels in Orlando charge for tourist tax?
Old 12 Oct 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I booked for crimbo 2019 with virgin and it was just over 1K pp with direct flights from Manchester.

Not all places have a charge, the one im staying at is included in the price.
Old 12 Oct 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think you are too early for good priced flights.

I also think (purely an opinion) that there will shortly be an announcement and an agreement for Brexit when the uncertainty goes the pound shou”d get stronger
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

I think thats quite expensive as we are 28th November this year until 15th December Rosen Inn @ Pointe, 2 adults , a 13 year old and a 5 year old direct with BA from LGW to MCO with fully inclusive insurance 2 drivers and an SUV £2100 all in, this was booked between xmas and new year last year
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I think it is a lot but it will be mainly flight price at those dates tbh. They are probably charging you a normal rate for a hotel within that quote. I would break down my search and look at flight. But I would probably change my search dates as i have a feeling that those dates may be very popular.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List