Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 29 Jun 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

7 seater and ECV boot space

Hi really hoping someone can help me.
I urgently need help with a measurement of the length of boot space from the back of 2nd row of seats to the back door in a 7 seater - Dodge Caravan or similar.
We will need to use 2 rows of seats for 4 adults. We think we will be ok with a 7 seater, we have used them before usually a Dodge Caravan, but this time we will have 2 ECV's /Mobility scooters rather than one.
We need to get the two ECV's / Mobility scooters into the boot side by side with minimum breakdown of the scooters i.e lift them in virtually whole, and just lift off the batteries to make them slightly lighter.
We have tried speaking to Virgin Special Assistance / Alamo / Dodge dealerships / Dodge Customer Service and searched the internet extensively but no one seems to be able to help with the actual length and can only tell us the cubic capacity or how many bags or the length with all the seats folded, nobody seems to have a tape measure they can use to measure this for us.
Can anyone on the special needs forum help us please? - We really would be very grateful as this doesn't seem like it should be a complicated question.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think you would struggle as remember you will also have luggage

We have a similar car here. Chrysler grand voyager and if you were using the 2 fronts rows of seats ok for luggage if you folded down the back seat but struggle with 2 ECV’s as the boot is small at the back with the 3rd row of seats

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi Saratoska, Thanks so much for your post, my husband and I will be on our own at the beginning and end of the holiday and our daughter and son in law will only be joining us for part of the holiday in the middle, so I don't think luggage will be an issue and if it is we can always get a taxi for the airport runs. We manage with a Ford Galaxy at home and think the Dodge Caravan will be slightly bigger but just want to be sure.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you manage at home then there is your answer

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fatboytez
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Jennywren reading your posted and having one ecv last time we went we used all three seats and we managed to get it in back well batt off seat off and handel bars folded down plus with a bit of giggling 4 medium case two hand luggage two back packs plus fold down buggy in the space so with you not using the third row of seats I can see no reason why you wont be able to put two plus luggage in there hope this helps
fatboytez is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

That brilliant thanks so much for your help.
I have also just received a reply from Virgin Special Assistance as well with the actual dimensions which if anyone else is interested are
39 " high
45 " wide
53 " deep
with 3rd row folded down
So yes we should be just fine for space. Thanks again everyone.
Now just can't wait for October.