Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jun 14, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyboots
VIP Dibber

14 year old severely intellectually disabled child

I have a very severely intellectually disabled child, who has autism also. We use an adult disability pushchair for him, as he can walk, but on many occasions can refuse to walk, and will just lie down on the ground. I also have another son with autism, and an intellectual disability although he walks fine. I went to Orlando 2 years ago and was able to receive 2 gac passes, as my husband needs to go on a ride with one child, and I with another, or on occasions they will refuse to go on the same ride, and we have had to split up. I know there has been many threads and questions answers on the new pass. I know you will be given a time to return, and that is fine. I am just wondering what happens when you need to sit in a disability area (the shows) because of the disability push chair, or need to push him right up to the ride, can you still use the disability access?
I suppose I am just wondering also, we often went to the parks in the afternoon, when it was quieter. This would be a disadvantage now as many of the FP would be gone. Am I right thinking like this?
mickeyboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 14, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

It may not be as bad as you think, you can get a tag for your pushchair so you can use it the same as a wheelchair, which means your child can stay in it up to ride entrance and at the end of the ride it will be waiting for you. CMs are usually very helpful when they see the red tag. You can use the FP+like anyone else, just select the afternoon times if you think thats the best time for you to do the parks.
You can also apply to get DAS to help you, although this works differently from the previous passes.
I am sure your family will have a great time. X
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I was a bit nervous about the fastpass+ system especially when it was just for onsite guests as I worried that we would not get on DS's fav rides, however now that the fastpass+ has been rolled out to off site guests too I think the system will work well for us as a family, I have booked his favourite rides all for earlier in the morning (around the 10am mark for 3 parks) and managed to choose rides we have always wanted to do but never got a chance as queues were too long, so looking forward to Test Track, I will see if the DAS is needed for us but perhaps not if Ross has had enough with the rides that we have already booked. We head to the parks early and leave by mid afternoon as he starts to get very very grumpy by then and needs to have time to himself. We have tried parks early afternoon and evening and they were far too busy and he got himself into a right state as was over stimulated
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 14, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyboots
VIP Dibber

Many thanks for the helpful replies.
mickeyboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 14, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread