Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 15 Aug 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kerrylee78
Trading Disney Pins

3 SN boys going oct

Hi all I am going on my own with 3 SN boys 2 have epilepsy and server anxiety the middle one also has CP and all have LD has anyone got some good info I fly on 18 October from gatwick staying the night before in a hotel flying with Thomas cook the early flight into the main airport in Orlando so any good advice u lovely lot

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Kerrylee78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow! Fantastic! Any specific areas that you are you looking for advice in, rather than be bombarded! How old are the boys?
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have been twice now with our 2 boys both have SN. Make sure you let the Airline know for special assistance at MCO airport as it was really helpful for us. Are you staying at Disney. You can get a DAS pass at the parks so you dont need to queue too long.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

How exciting for you all! WDW have lots of experience helping families with SN. I would advise that you explain the process of return times to the kids if using a DAS. We explained that we had to go to the ride to get an appointment and then we would go back when it was our turn. If your middle child has CP then a DAS might not be the best option. People in wheelchairs do not need a DAS. This page has contact details and information which you should find useful. disneyparks.disney.go/bl...rd-fact-sheet/
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

Oh, also Gatwick has good information gatwickairport/at-the...-disabilities/

They are supposed to be very helpful for people with disabilities.
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kerrylee78
Trading Disney Pins

Evening all thanks for info my main worry is when I get to the airport the other end and getting through security will I have help and will I still have to que with everyone as that's where I honk my son will have a melt down and will they help get my bags thanks for info
Kerrylee78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kerrylee78 View Post
Evening all thanks for info my main worry is when I get to the airport the other end and getting through security will I have help and will I still have to que with everyone as that's where I honk my son will have a melt down and will they help get my bags thanks for info

Have you booked special assistance through Thomas Cook? There is also a card you can have for people with hidden disabilities. It needs to be filled out & applied for before travel then you just show the card when you get off the plane and someone stays with you all the way thru the immigration process...

tsa.gov/sites/default/fi...n_card_508.pdf

Edited at 12:02 AM.
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kerrylee78
Trading Disney Pins

Hi thanks for getting back to me I have the laylards and asked TC but I don't know about the other thing so when I get of will there be someone to help me of and to get my bags till I get out the airport
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
If you book special assistance somebody should help you all the way thru immigation until you get your cases... then you have a set of escalators & a shuttle to get out of the airport so I would DEF enquire with TC what further help they can offer thru MCO... What transport do you have the other end to get to your resort?

Edited at 12:11 AM.
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Kerrylee78
Trading Disney Pins

I am using Dana and major a privet compney xx