Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Unread 30 Dec 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Imogen
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Celebrity Cruises

Hello everyone!
I知 hoping some lovely Dibbers will perhaps have sailed on both S and M class ships and be able to offer me their opinions.

Having been on two S class ships, I am considering booking a cruise on an M class, the Constellation. I知 aware that it痴 due to be refurbed this year but I知 more interested in opinions on the food in the MDR, speciality restaurants and things to do.

The dates suit, the itinerary suits but I知 in two minds whether the ship will be okay, given we have experienced the larger ships with more dining choices etc.

Any thoughts and opinions would be most welcome to help me arrive at a decision.
Imogen is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Very Serious Dibber

We've been on millennium and constellation, nice atmosphere as they are quite a bit smaller than solstice class , food is pretty much the same with same speciality restaurants. We've just come back from the solstice and the new restaurant experience "le petit chef" was good fun. Booked to go on equinox in Nov

Edited at 09:44 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Imogen

Thanks for the reply mickeyspal.
I wish there was a Solstice class ship that suited us for this next one. It would make life much easier.🤣
I read that The Constellation will have Le Petit Chef and Tuscan Grille after the refurb but no Murano equivalent (which was superb). We did LPC this year but not sure it would have the same attraction a second time around.
Have you any experience of Aquaclass and Blu?
Imogen is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Very Serious Dibber

No we haven't, concierge was the best we've managed, we got chance to bid for an upgrade and only paid 」40 total for the whole trip, we were disappointed with Tuscan grill this time , but murano was superb as usual , shame that won't be on the Connie

Edited at 10:02 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Imogen

I知 only considering Aqua due to limited restaurant choices. MDR has been a hit and miss for us but the speciality restaurants were fabulous.
Tuscan, Murano and LPC, lawn club was good but not as great as the others. Sushi is not my thing.🤢
I feel as if I知 trying to convince myself the Connie will be okay.😞
Unread 7 Jan 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Having done both, (Constellation and Solstice/Silhouette/Reflection)
I would always choose S class, but that's just me. I love the bigger ships, and the variety of restaurants etc on S Class.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DAYS UNTIL CARIBBEAN CRUISE!