Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Unread 17 Jan 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
First timer! Singapore cruise?

This is exciting... a whole new section of the Dibb for me. Hubby wants to try a cruise next year, we will have a 10yr old daughter with us. I wanted to go to Singapore and Thailand as Im getting a little bored of nice hotel and beach holidays. Weve never been to the Far East. Ive found a royal Caribbean 5nts out of Singapore to KL, Penang and Phuket in the Easter holiday. 2k total for a suite! Thinking of 5nts Singapore then this.

Any thoughts?
Is the food or entertainment going to be Asian themed?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Adult trip (POR) lets see Christmas decs
Unread 17 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We have done several Asian cruises (Princess and Holland America) and whilst menus are tweaked to accommodate Asian guests, there is plenty of western cuisine to choose from as well. Entertainment is mainly the usual cruise ship stuff - shows etc, they also have local cultural groups - singing, dancing etc. I remember a Japanese traditional storyteller coming on board once and whilst I couldnt understand a word he said but just watching him and the reactions of the Japanese audience was fantastic.
The ship will dock at Port Klang for KL which is a two hour ride away. We prearranged a taxi for four us and did a city tour which worked well. In Penang, the ship docks close to the centre with taxis available at the port. Phuket - large ships usually tender in to Patong where you can go on the beach, rent a tuktuk to tour the town or a taxi for a tour a bit further afield.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

^^this is really helpful thank you. I think we would skip KL and do a day onboard actually based on that