Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jan 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much, that's a great help. Getting excited now and although I know it's going to be busy at the hotel, i'm hoping have the club access will help a little.

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
We stayed ten nights in 2018 in summer and have booked ten nights for July this year. We absolutely loved it. As it was so hot we actually hung around the hotel mainly so I’ll give you as much info as I can remember. We also had an imperial club room - basically it’s a regular room but you get club access. Last time there was two club rooms they’ve built a big new one now so only one. When you arrive at the airport you you should get free transfers in their car. There is stipulations so check that out. On arrival with emirates ( as we booked with them ) someone was there to meet us and show us the Atlantis desk. We then gave our name and a driver then took us to our car. On arrival you will be taken to the imperial club to check in. We were on an overnight flight and although check in not till later we were allowed breakfast then taken to our room.

Imperial club gives you breakfast and afternoon tea plus cocktails and snacks at night
- afternoon tea was hot scones with jam and cream and delicious sandwiches. Evening was lots of Doritos type snacks if I remember. We didn’t actually go as we were always in the pool or waterpark at that time. All day you can go and get juices snacks in the imperial club . If it got too hot we’d pop along and get a Diet Coke / juice etc. As you are half board don’t worry about lunch as afternoon tea will be it
You also get breakfast and dinner in buffet restaurants however there can be queues so during the day / morning you just phone from your room and book your time at the buffet. When you arrive you will be take quicker and it’s no hassle to do it. We thought food was varied and plentiful and the kids will love the kids part and desserts. You can also use some other ones as part of half board our favourite was stage edge Italian at the pool but it closes at 6. Pools open till about 8/9 and the hotel all lit up its dark and hot amazing
You also get kids club
- my son loved it , when it got too hot in afternoon he asked to go there 2-4/5 and then daughter would prefer to go watch Netflix in the aircin for a while. Hubby would go to the fantastic gym and me - well you’d find me still at the pool lol ! The water park is fantastic and I preferred it over any Florida one. We when to the pool all day ( with our breaks ) and then around 4 we went to water park as it was quieter and cooler. There is the little buggies that run all day next to the pool and take you to the waterpark - you just stand and wait one comes along and you jump on it’s fab . We didn’t use beds at waterpark as we went and just went on rides for that two hrs. We used a locker for our things. I have read that beds on the beach at the waterpark are a good idea ?

There is a free transfer to the shopping mall with Atlantis - there’s a schedule up. If you use a taxi always use the cream ones with coloured roof. That’s the official taxi and very cheap. When you walk out of the Atlantis or shopping mall you will often be pointed to the black private cars - they are very expensive so say no and go the the city taxis which were fab and drivers always chatty.

Burj is at the Dubai mall which you will need to arrange your own transfer as hotel dont take you there. We just spent the afternoon shopping and prebooked tickets at the burj desk in the mall although I think of you book online it’s cheaper ? Don’t miss the burj light show.
There is a bath and body works and a sale was on when we were there. It’s the same plugs as ours so I stocked up on their plug in air freshness

With regards to things to do. July was hot so very much a pool holiday as I say with shopping at the malls. If like to do Abu Dhabi trip / indoor skydive this year - so much to do there it’s unreal !
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Can’t comment on price but personally I don’t like that area. It’s ok for a city/sightseeing trip but personally I think it much nicer around the beach/marina/palm areas
I agree - it’s an awful area . I guess once it was buzzing but now business etc have deserted it I don’t even like driving through it and would never stay there for a holiday .

I like the beach and sometimes stay a day or 2 by the Creek for a City experience - the again I stay in same small hotels I have been using for over 17 years !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep an eye on the government website and official travel advice. April is a great time to go, weather is perfect
I have currently booked for Feb but doubt I will go at the moment
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have currently booked for Feb but doubt I will go at the moment
I think you will be fine. Just watch the weather though, my friends love there and we’re flying home last Saturday but all flights cancelled due to flash floods!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you will be fine. Just watch the weather though, my friends love there and we’re flying home last Saturday but all flights cancelled due to flash floods!
I have friends that live there and I have seen the photos of the rain - I was there for my birthday once in Feb and we had terrible rain and flooding (well they don’t have drains as it hardly rains )

Cancelling won’t cost me anything but people I know live in UAE are saying many of the staff have returned home to India because of the situation so service and taxis are in shorter supply - I am watching out but there are other reasons ...

There is always another time (before Ramadan)
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have friends that live there and I have seen the photos of the rain - I was there for my birthday once in Feb and we had terrible rain and flooding (well they don’t have drains as it hardly rains )

Cancelling won’t cost me anything but people I know live in UAE are saying many of the staff have returned home to India because of the situation so service and taxis are in shorter supply - I am watching out but there are other reasons ...

There is always another time (before Ramadan)
Wow they have returned home due to the situation with Iran you mean - oh dear - ... I’m holding off till April when payment due to decide
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Dubai and medication.

Thought I would post here to.

If your medication is on the narcotic, controlled or semi controlled uae government list you need to apply online for pre approval of the meds.

You can find a guide and the list here:
government.ae/en/informa...led-medicines-

You can only apply for the time you are in the country, so if you’re going for 7 days you can only apply for 7 days worth.

The online form is here:
mohap.gov.ae/en/services/Pages/361.aspx

Click go to eservice to apply.

You need to register, including passport details. Then you can start an application.

It’s pretty straightforward and they get back to you quickly (next day for me), but it took a week for them to approve mine, went back and forth 6 times and two phone calls. So give yourself plenty time.

Once approved you get a document that states you have approval and what for.

Hope this helps, it was a bit confusing at first for me.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Has anyone any recommendations on who to book a Desert Safari with?
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Has anyone any recommendations on who to book a Desert Safari with?
My friends did this one last year and they were really impressed
tripadvisor/Attrac..._of_Dubai.html
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Question about Atlantis hotel again please!

We're staying in the Imperial Club Room so have club room access. I believe you can access the club room at any time for certain drinks (soft drinks etc) is this correct?

Also, during the evening access 5-7pm you are served alcohol, does this have to be consumed within the club room or could one of us go for a few drinks to bring back to our room for example? Is there a dress code for the club room during the evening hours?

Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List