Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 09, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We saw 3 wedding receptions at Epcot while we were there.
There was one next to the Rose and Crown in the little garden by the lake.
Another was just over the bridge in France on the lower level and the largest was in Italy on the viewing area on the lake.
All of the parties were various sizes so you could always get a price for Epcot.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Hiya,

CONGRATULATIONS!

We are getting married at the Boardwalk in December in the morning. We are then heading over to the Grand Floridian for private dining for lunch and then in the evening we are going to the Yachtsman and then into epcot.

We are paying for everything on the day apart from dinner at the Yachstman, although we did consider doing an Illuminations cruise. We originally had around 13 people going but this has gone to 7 in total so we are using the original budget to go for the private dining.

We said that the dinner was optional but everyone wants to go. Some people are on the DDP so will use points for that meal.

We are about to get our final confirmation of prices and details from Disney so if there is anything you want to know - ask away!

They have been fantastic to deal with and we didn't think it was that expensive really.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redwoodysoup
Imagineer

redwoodysoup's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Disney were great when we got married in 2003 at the Poly Resort. They kept us at ease and we had no problems apart from it rained for 48 hours around our wedding day which meant we had to get married indoors as opposed to at the side of the lagoon. The cake was fantastic and we were treated well by all CM's on the day. To be honest we didn't do anything special for our wedding meal. We just took our parents to the Liberty Tree Tavern for a character dining experience as we hate fuss, but the CM's did their best to embarass us by ringing bells upon our arrival there when it was full and getting everybody to congratulate us. We have no regrets. After the meal I'd either see if you can get a wishes cruise or just go into MK and watch the fireworks

Days Inn 1996. Ho Jo Maingate West 1998. Wynfield Inn 1999. All Star Sports 2000. Port Orleans Riverside 2003 2005 2007. Wilderness Lodge 2008, 2009. DLP Sequoia Lodge 2009. Bay Lake Tower 2010 2011 2012
redwoodysoup is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Hi There, first of all congratulations! You must be all excited!I got married at the pavilion last year and did it through disney, i thought the wedding co-ordinator was absoloutley brilliant and didn't know what i would do without her, everything was done for when i arrived and all i had to do was turn up on the day!She sorted everything out for us, our package was $5,000 when then dollar was $2 to the pound it was good value.

The package included the wedding co-ordinator, the location, the photographer, a harpist, champagne, the wedding cake (which was the best cake ever, i see another dibber has also commented on that) limo hire for 4 hours i think it was, all the flowers (additional items can be ordered) The pics were great we paid for 20 to be developed in a lovely leather album and we got a disc of all the pics which totalled over 300! You have the rights to the pics so you can do what you want with them. The recommend hair/make up etc if you do end up getting info via disney for your hair/make up def get lisa i cant remember her last name but she was fab, she does all the disney adverts, films etc really nice woman. They send you all the selections for your cake fillers, flowers etc.

We got our marriage license via the post, i think it cost us about $200 and i think you need to apply for this 2 months before hand and they will send the approved license to the wedding co-ordinator so you don't have to worry about that.

If you have any more q's i will try my best!

Good luck and congrats again!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker
Apprentice Imagineer

Many Congratulations, Love reading all the wedding stories. Would love to get married again and have a Disney Wedding. lol
Old 15 Oct 09, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

Firstly Congratulations!

We got married in August at Hard Rock Hotel and used a Florida based Wedding Coordinator, she is a regular contributor on this board,FLGirl-UKNow, Real name Carrie! She was fantastic,nothing was too much trouble for her at all.

Her site is destinationoccasion

Good luck and hope you find Carrie as helpful
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread